Reload this Page >

Good morning UK - Wellington calling

Good morning UK - Wellington calling

Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Kurtons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good morning UK - Wellington calling

Morning all
well we are here, suffered a bit this time with the old jet lag though. Weather is a barmy 15C. Very nice.
We are going to try & track down Mr. Biddy today, has he been spotted recently.
Quick tip for anyone coming over & getting an onward flight with NZ airline, there is a checkin desk in the international lounge, saves luggin all your bags round to the domestic terminal.
Even tried the turning left/right driving rule, it works to a degree.

Will try & talk longer next time

Ta ta
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:55 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good morning UK - Wellington calling

Great stuff guys...glad to hear you got there safely...now, enjoy yourselves and go find Biddy...
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Great stuff guys...glad to hear you got there safely...now, enjoy yourselves and go find Biddy...
Hey Hi Pinkie Pie

nice to hear you.

I see from previous posts that Mr. B is flying off all over the place, i guess the best place to try is an airport departure/arrivals lounge.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:36 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kurtons
Hey Hi Pinkie Pie

nice to hear you.

I see from previous posts that Mr. B is flying off all over the place, i guess the best place to try is an airport departure/arrivals lounge.
Aye you're probably right but don't linger for too long or they might think you're up to no good and ship you back home again!!!

Hope everything is going really well for you - how did your little ones cope with the flight...I'm a bit worried about my 6 year old - she doesn't do sitting still very well!!!
Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:31 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit worried about my 6 year old - she doesn't do sitting still very well!!!
God Caroline don't say that! We'll have a 5 year old and a 4 year old when we go in December with the worst flights ever in terms of timing AND stopovers! LHR-AKL 29 1/2 hours!!! I suspect you will have gone by then, but if not I'll let you know! I am worryingly okay about it at the moment though, had my panic after we'd booked. I just pray we have no colds/ear aches (well the kids) so are fit to go.

The worst thing is the return flight, we leave at 6am, so will have to leave my MIL's around 3am I think - great start to a long journey hey!! and then spend 10 hours at Melbourne - will try to see if we can go somewhere outside the airport but of course that will involve re-check-in I imagine if we are not in transit! Can't face phoning BA to find out.

Oh the joys! Final thought - wouldn't you stopover somewhere and 'holiday' on the way! We would have gone for that option but timing/flights were too tight or not available, but I'm already regretting it a bit so we've said definitely next time when at least the girls will be a bit older and enjoy messing around in hotel pools for a day or so plus sightseeing. Oh heck, I'm gonna see if we can stopover now.

AND KURTONS - NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

Aye you're probably right but don't linger for too long or they might think you're up to no good and ship you back home again!!!

Hope everything is going really well for you - how did your little ones cope with the flight...I'm a bit worried about my 6 year old - she doesn't do sitting still very well!!!
sorry no litle ones with us on this trip. there were a few on the flight and they coped fine - the parents that is.

we have been traveling around an awful lot seeing different suburbs etc. so good some not so good. We even found mr. Biddy in McDonalds at Paraparamu had a coffee and a chat, nice guy, very informative. he had lots of news but we will leave that to him to tell you all.
Off to see some schools for the kids later on today, ahead of job interview tomorrow.
bye for now.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:51 pm
Don't let me get me....

sorry no litle ones with us on this trip. there were a few on the flight and they coped fine - the parents that is.

we have been traveling around an awful lot seeing different suburbs etc. so good some not so good. We even found mr. Biddy in McDonalds at Paraparamu had a coffee and a chat, nice guy, very informative. he had lots of news but we will leave that to him to tell you all.
Off to see some schools for the kids later on today, ahead of job interview tomorrow.
bye for now.
I've been chatting up my friend who is a trolly dolly (she'll slap me senseless if she sees I've called her that - cabin crew darling, we're cabin crew now - yeah right!!!) to try and persuade her to get on our plane when we go!!!!

Glad you found Biddy - we've been worried for his safety!!! and very good luck for the interview tomorrow...keep us posted won't you...

take care...

Pinkie xx
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:43 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Good to meet you Rich and Sue - hope the interview goes well - I'm nearly back in the UK - stood in an internet lounge (free) in Changi airport. Will be back on line soon.

Must fly!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:06 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

It's my 40 year old that's worrying me! Got him on Bachs at the moment, will be grinding Kalms into his weetabix the day we go. Kids are fine about the flights, can't wait. I'm a sicko, I love turbulence, so flying doesn't worry me at all.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bookemjano
It's my 40 year old that's worrying me! Got him on Bachs at the moment, will be grinding Kalms into his weetabix the day we go. Kids are fine about the flights, can't wait. I'm a sicko, I love turbulence, so flying doesn't worry me at all.
LOL yeah me too im looking to have one of those flights where the plane drops 1000feet in a rapid descent making everyone go into free fall, just before wanna be watching the first episode of 'Lost' on my portable movie player LOL.

Love it when the oxygen masks fall out the roof and yu think te aircraft is flying apart.

But hey its great and still the safest form of transport, just worry when the Trolley dollies, erm i mean air stewerds, ooops erm i mean cabin crew thats it cabin crew, look scared.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:52 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by Sugo
LOL yeah me too im looking to have one of those flights where the plane drops 1000feet in a rapid descent making everyone go into free fall, just before wanna be watching the first episode of 'Lost' on my portable movie player LOL.

Love it when the oxygen masks fall out the roof and yu think te aircraft is flying apart.

But hey its great and still the safest form of transport, just worry when the Trolley dollies, erm i mean air stewerds, ooops erm i mean cabin crew thats it cabin crew, look scared.
Aye, that's the sign that it's all going Pete Tong...when those girls and boys start clunk clinking you know it's gonna be a bumpy ride...
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:53 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sugo

Never got to the oxygen dropping stage, I think I'd leave the plane a widow if that happened!

Best bit is when you hit the ground with a huge bump, love it, always want to give the pilot a cheer.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Smile Re: Good morning UK - Wellington calling

Originally Posted by Biddy
Good to meet you Rich and Sue - hope the interview goes well - I'm nearly back in the UK - stood in an internet lounge (free) in Changi airport. Will be back on line soon.

Must fly!
Hi
yes interview went really well, quite informal & was offered a position there & then. So thats the job sorted, now for house rentals.

Seen loads of houses from the outside (drive by) best to do this prior to making an appointment to view internally. Some places good and a few not so good, it really comes down topersonal preferences
right for those interested
salon cars to buy approx $15K SH
brand new mini $46K
bananas $1.99 kg
grapes $7.99 kg
paint 10lts $90.
I cant see that general day to day livin here is any cheaper than the UK so getting the job salary right is important, if you dont have a huge pot of money to come out with.
To date we have found the people really friendly and helpful, driving round is good, no bad drivers encountered to date (even got the hang of the left turn rule)
Today is about 17C with blue sun shine not bad for mid winter.

catch you later.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:47 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Hi
yes interview went really well, quite informal & was offered a position there & then. So thats the job sorted, now for house rentals.

Seen loads of houses from the outside (drive by) best to do this prior to making an appointment to view internally. Some places good and a few not so good, it really comes down topersonal preferences
right for those interested
salon cars to buy approx $15K SH
brand new mini $46K
bananas $1.99 kg
grapes $7.99 kg
paint 10lts $90.
I cant see that general day to day livin here is any cheaper than the UK so getting the job salary right is important, if you dont have a huge pot of money to come out with.
To date we have found the people really friendly and helpful, driving round is good, no bad drivers encountered to date (even got the hang of the left turn rule)
Today is about 17C with blue sun shine not bad for mid winter.

catch you later.
Hee hee! I'm in Wellington too and it's fantastic!!! Might go to the rugby later and will be watching the All Blacks take the 'Boks apart from Kitty O'Sheas tomorrow night.

The left turn rule thingy is a bit odd though, eh? Eyes shut and foot down, the London way!

Best of luck settling - I've been to Upper Hutt and met a real estate agent (Didn't know what he did, we just started chatting and we had coffee. Seemed decent enough - Ric Tyson of Harcourts. harcourtsuh.co.nz