Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good luck tonight!

Good luck tonight!

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck tonight!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not at all. The AB's are the greatest side ON EARTH but their winning streak is often interspersed by some god awful play! They always have a weakness and it is a test to them that they normally compensate for it but sometimes it lets them down. the problem with genius is its often flawed! SA wanted the win, 2 test defeats on home turf and they would never have been allowed to live!
Theres no doubt the All Blacks are the greatest team in the world at the moment ( god that hurt saying that lol ) But do u think because of that fact, they tend to become a bit complacent sometimes and take things for granted ? Not a dig at them.. just a thought.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:46 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah maybe! Just trying to think of another recent international side to have 15 consecutive undefeated games in a row!
pity they cant do it during a world cup...

just remind me when they last won the RWC...Oh yeah...1987...nearly 20 years ago and that was played at home!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christinabell
Theres no doubt the All Blacks are the greatest team in the world at the moment ( god that hurt saying that lol ) But do u think because of that fact, they tend to become a bit complacent sometimes and take things for granted ? Not a dig at them.. just a thought.

I'm not sure its complacency, think its more to do with the Maori element, dont get me wrong, they are amazing, but if they get a few knocks, and they suffered really bad in the line outs they turn to shit! give up and just cant be bothered! They were the only team england feared the most in the last world cup!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure its complacency, think its more to do with the Maori element, dont get me wrong, they are amazing, but if they get a few knocks, and they suffered really bad in the line outs they turn to shit! give up and just cant be bothered! They were the only team england feared the most in the last world cup!
Actually thats very true ur point about the Maoris. They do it in league too. They are absolutley brilliant players, but, when things arent going right they tend to put the head down and tail between the legs.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:02 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
pity they cant do it during a world cup...

just remind me when they last won the RWC...Oh yeah...1987...nearly 20 years ago and that was played at home!

Gotta be better than that sham of a final last time around! i heard england were being charged with bringing the game into disrepute!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:06 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by christinabell
Actually thats very true ur point about the Maoris. They do it in league too. They are absolutley brilliant players, but, when things arent going right they tend to put the head down and tail between the legs.
Couldnt agree more, i have a brilliant dvd of the NZ Maori's Tests, they are the most amazing players on earth yet when the game turns on them they are buggered! Im a wellington fan and i see it all the bloody time with them! at least they have the wind to contend with!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:45 pm
Five Three

Hi Matt,

The All Blacks team against South Africa were as follows;

15. D C Howlett - Kiwi

14. J T Rokocoko - Fijian

13. J M Muliaina - Somoan

12. A J D Mauger - Kiwi

11. S W Sivivatu - Fijian (replaced by R. Gear - Maori)

10. D W Carter - Kiwi

9. Q J Cowan - Kiwi (replaced by Kelleher - Kiwi)

8. R Sooialo - Samoan

7. R H McCaw - Kiwi

6. J Collins - Kiwi of Samoan descent

5. A J Williams - Kiwi

4. C R Jack - Kiwi (replaced by Eaton - Kiwi)

3. C J Hayman - Kiwi

2. A K Hore - Kiwi (replaced by Oliver - Kiwi)

1. T D Woodcock - Kiwi (replaced by Tialita - Samoan)

I don't know how long R Gear was on the field for, but it's hardly the fault of one man that they lost. Is is because you think we all look the same?!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
All Blacks v Sth Africa.doc (32.5 KB, 72 views)

Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:11 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Five Three
Hi Matt,

The All Blacks team against South Africa were as follows;

15. D C Howlett - Kiwi

14. J T Rokocoko - Fijian

13. J M Muliaina - Somoan

12. A J D Mauger - Kiwi

11. S W Sivivatu - Fijian (replaced by R. Gear - Maori)

10. D W Carter - Kiwi

9. Q J Cowan - Kiwi (replaced by Kelleher - Kiwi)

8. R Sooialo - Samoan

7. R H McCaw - Kiwi

6. J Collins - Kiwi of Samoan descent

5. A J Williams - Kiwi

4. C R Jack - Kiwi (replaced by Eaton - Kiwi)

3. C J Hayman - Kiwi

2. A K Hore - Kiwi (replaced by Oliver - Kiwi)

1. T D Woodcock - Kiwi (replaced by Tialita - Samoan)

I don't know how long R Gear was on the field for, but it's hardly the fault of one man that they lost. Is is because you think we all look the same?!

Yeah thats right you all look the same! Yeah!
Read my posts again! My comment was not to do with the other nights game but of games in general! I dont dispute the quality of the Maori players, i have already stated that i rate them as the finest in the world but look through the history books big guy! I actually think Dougie Howlet is of Maori decent as well or does it not count because he has white in him!? What, do we all look the same!?
I have already stated that SA wanted the win, your right it isn't one person who loses the game but AS I HAVE ALREADY stated the game was lost on the line outs!!!