The good life!!

Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of
Default Re: The good life!!

Will try and get some pics up - don't know where the tyres are from - we rent and they were already here. Our landlord got the house as an investment and everything was already here - I'm not sure he even knows half the stuff that's here himself!!!! It seems to be quite a popular thing though so maybe someone else might know where they come from.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
an olive , an apple and also a kiwi fruit vine .
Hope you've got two kiwifruit vines. Girl and boy otherwise no little kiwis.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OMG That's brilliant. Take it you did away with the garden gernome

We are still renovating the blummin' greenhouse

any chance of some pics?

I was listening on the radio today about growing potatoes in tyres. Where did you get the tyres ?

I have planted out some potatoes where we plan to have the veg garden but the rains sort of washed out that area . That's OK as it is a learning thing for this section and I'll sort it out , but I am quite keen on the tyre idea.

Bev, Gary just went in to BEaurepaires and asked for the old tires they were not able to use again.....more than happy to give them away free as they are charged to dispose of them. Just go and ask your local tyre place.

Phyl x
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:16 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weejie
Updated pics...have had courgettes,strawberries,lettuce and spring onions so far

Phyl x
weejie, your garden ROCKS!

if we get to Chch next year, you're hired! we only have a tiny balcony here in germany, but we managed to grow cocktail tomatoes, red peppers, loads of herbs and cucumbers this summer. it was such fun and very successful, and i can't wait to go all out with a proper veg garden.
how do you deal with slugs and snails? they drove me crazy!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hokey-pokey
Hope you've got two kiwifruit vines. Girl and boy otherwise no little kiwis.
We've a grafted kiwi vine. S'posed to have both girlies and boys, but we shall see.

Cheers Weejie I'll do just that.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
that should help with the mortage
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Our first harvest of root veggies,we have had loads of peas and strawberries( still getting them) and courgettes. Had first tomato today and there are masses on the plants. The peppers and chillis are growing well. Onions and leeks not far off either.

Phyl x
Attached Thumbnails The good life!!-dsc_9271.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic Weejie, well done, hope my veg turn out as good as that.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:32 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Our first harvest of root veggies,we have had loads of peas and strawberries( still getting them) and courgettes. Had first tomato today and there are masses on the plants. The peppers and chillis are growing well. Onions and leeks not far off either.

Phyl x
cool! your veggies look great!!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

thought - was going to post these piccies from my holiday some time. though I didn't take piccies of mum's lovely and amazing veggie gardens.. just forgot..(next time maybe) but I did take a pic of our goat. I never seem interested in gardening or plant.... so.. had a lovely time with my 4 weeks old nephew Euan. My family seem to have a lovely time in warm sunny auckland. I'd call it's a good life. envious indeed.....
Attached Thumbnails The good life!!-dsc00302.jpg   The good life!!-dsc00294.jpg   The good life!!-dsc00298.jpg   The good life!!-dsc00317.jpg   The good life!!-dsc00245.jpg  

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

The berry picture- while strolling with mum on a nice warm evening, i found it on the road,, nearby our place.. It was very pretty.. when I approached to the berry, mum worried that I might eat them............. she shouted to me, Don't eat! (I just took a pic. )
Attached Thumbnails The good life!!-dsc00304.jpg  
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:13 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Phyl x
Wow you are doing well, know who to come to then

Well done
D xx
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
The berry picture- while strolling with mum on a nice warm evening, i found it on the road,, nearby our place.. It was very pretty.. when I approached to the berry, mum worried that I might eat them............. she shouted to me, Don't eat! (I just took a pic. )
Hi CC

The picture you took is one of Blackberries......similar to Boysenberries but smaller. We make apple and blackberry pie with them...really nice.

x
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:01 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Phyl x
They look SCRUMPTIOUS!! Can't wait to start my veggies and fruities over there, so for now we will have to grow them over here.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

We have melons growing!!! Amazing. Also had at least 3kg of tomatoes and probably another 6kg still to come! We have had at least 8kg of potatoes with lots more to come. Still lots of peppers,chillis and courgettes.

Also we planted more stuff in the new veggie patch a few days ago.... potatoes,brussels,brocolli,carrot,parsnips,beetroo t,pumpkin,turnip and rhubarb.

Phyl x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.