Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good deals on flights please

Good deals on flights please

Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:35 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good deals on flights please

Need your help peeps;

Our besties are coming over at the end of October and are looking for the best price on flights ( so we have more money to spend on vino!!)

At the mo they have a price of 3200GBP!!!! for 2 adults & 2 kids ( who are 2 and 5)

Looking at departing LHR on 22nd of October, 2 nights in Sinagpore then fly into AKL, but want to depart via CHC on 11th of November with a couple of nights in SIN again on the way back to land in LHR on Saturday 14th November

They can't seem to find these magical 600GBP seats that are being advertised.

ANYONE able to help please in exchange for lots of Karma and 'cyber' beer

Thanks
Sarah
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Sandra8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any flight deals?

Hi All

Has anybody booked any bargain flights recently or do they know of any offers. Have done the normal searches direct with airlines and netflights etc. but there doesnt seem to be any promotions I can see. Looking to fly out in November. Also considering whether it might be cheaper to travel from Europe in an attempt to reduce the aiport taxes for longhaul flights we pay here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sandra
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any flight deals?

Originally Posted by Sandra8 View Post
Hi All

Has anybody booked any bargain flights recently or do they know of any offers. Have done the normal searches direct with airlines and netflights etc. but there doesnt seem to be any promotions I can see. Looking to fly out in November. Also considering whether it might be cheaper to travel from Europe in an attempt to reduce the aiport taxes for longhaul flights we pay here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sandra
Hi Sandra and welcome! I see you hope to be in Tauranga - what an excellent choice! Hope you don't mind but I'm going to merge your thread with P2L's that is asking for the same info then hopefully people will reply and they won't have to duplicate!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Sandra8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good deals on flights please

No problem, thanks v much
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all
Default Re: Any flight deals?

Originally Posted by Sandra8 View Post
Hi All

Thanks

Sandra

We booked OH flight with Royal Brunei Airlines.....yep I'd never heard of them, they go via Brunei, only short wait. Paid £503 LHR to AKL 7th sept.

Bargain, but they don't serve alcohol, apparently you can drink your duty free on board though, oh yeh they also bless the plane prior to take off.
No, I haven't mentioned thses details to OH!
He'll be fine!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

I got a really good deal from a site mentioned in this thread
HTH!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

vicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

That does sound like a lot, we got a good deal from Trailfinders - 020 7628 7628 - from the UK. Or they have a website. We booked our flights last month for December 7th and spent £1890 for two adults and two kids with Singapore airlines.
It may be a bit more pricey now as the dates you're after are a bit closer but give them a go as they were the cheapest we found - mind you we specifically wanted to go through Singapore as the airport is so nice!!

Good Luck!!

PS my sister in law flew with Royal Brunei (sorry probably wrong spelling) from Auckland to London and she said they were fine....

V