British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Good deals on flights please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/good-deals-flights-please-627355/)

P2L Aug 25th 2009 2:35 am

Good deals on flights please

Need your help peeps;

Our besties are coming over at the end of October and are looking for the best price on flights ( so we have more money to spend on vino!!:sneaky::D)

At the mo they have a price of 3200GBP!!!! for 2 adults & 2 kids ( who are 2 and 5)

Looking at departing LHR on 22nd of October, 2 nights in Sinagpore then fly into AKL, but want to depart via CHC on 11th of November with a couple of nights in SIN again on the way back to land in LHR on Saturday 14th November

They can't seem to find these magical 600GBP seats that are being advertised.

ANYONE able to help please in exchange for lots of Karma and 'cyber' beer

Thanks
Sarah :fingerscrossed:

Sandra8 Aug 25th 2009 9:08 am

Any flight deals?

Hi All

Has anybody booked any bargain flights recently or do they know of any offers. Have done the normal searches direct with airlines and netflights etc. but there doesnt seem to be any promotions I can see. Looking to fly out in November. Also considering whether it might be cheaper to travel from Europe in an attempt to reduce the aiport taxes for longhaul flights we pay here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sandra

Am Loolah Aug 25th 2009 9:40 am

Re: Any flight deals?

Originally Posted by Sandra8 (Post 7873136)
Hi All

Has anybody booked any bargain flights recently or do they know of any offers. Have done the normal searches direct with airlines and netflights etc. but there doesnt seem to be any promotions I can see. Looking to fly out in November. Also considering whether it might be cheaper to travel from Europe in an attempt to reduce the aiport taxes for longhaul flights we pay here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sandra

Hi Sandra and welcome!:thumbup: I see you hope to be in Tauranga - what an excellent choice!:sneaky: Hope you don't mind but I'm going to merge your thread with P2L's that is asking for the same info then hopefully people will reply and they won't have to duplicate!:thumbsup:

Sandra8 Aug 25th 2009 9:58 am

Re: Good deals on flights please

No problem, thanks v much :thumbsup:

blackburn lass Aug 25th 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Any flight deals?

Originally Posted by Sandra8 (Post 7873136)
Hi All

Thanks

Sandra

We booked OH flight with Royal Brunei Airlines.....yep I'd never heard of them, they go via Brunei, only short wait. Paid £503 LHR to AKL 7th sept.

Bargain, but they don't serve alcohol, apparently you can drink your duty free on board though, oh yeh they also bless the plane prior to take off.
No, I haven't mentioned thses details to OH!
He'll be fine!:unsure:

Mgee Aug 25th 2009 3:59 pm

I got a really good deal from a site mentioned in this thread
HTH!:thumbup:

vicejw Aug 25th 2009 8:10 pm

Hi

That does sound like a lot, we got a good deal from Trailfinders - 020 7628 7628 - from the UK. Or they have a website. We booked our flights last month for December 7th and spent £1890 for two adults and two kids with Singapore airlines.
It may be a bit more pricey now as the dates you're after are a bit closer but give them a go as they were the cheapest we found - mind you we specifically wanted to go through Singapore as the airport is so nice!!

Good Luck!!

PS my sister in law flew with Royal Brunei (sorry probably wrong spelling) from Auckland to London and she said they were fine....

V