Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good bye and you lot take care

Good bye and you lot take care

Old May 2nd 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good bye and you lot take care

I tell you what, I will make it very easy for all of you. I will leave, then Jack the Lad can stay and you can all get back to normal. Its absolutly no problem and I really don't mind.

In my defense, I did try and calm things down on the thread that got a bit heated yesterday so was not the only 'culprit'.

Happy postings and feel free to be as happy and jolly as you wish. This negative poster has made her last post on the NZ threads and I will wish you all goodnight/goodmorning.
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:55 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Well after reading a couple of posts by some new and not so new members Im off to play in my own happy world

The whole point of the forums in my opinion is to help others anyway they can. Be it positive or negative views of New Zealand, hopefully a little of each. After all no where is perfect and everywhere has its problems.

But surely just to moan and winge and generally wind other people up with crappy comments is wrong.

I am sure I am going to get roasted and accused of having my head buried in the sand and that I am a Happy Crowd Member guess what, I am.

For 4 years now I have posted and read lots of threads by many nice people on here.

Good luck to you all and take care. Dont think that New Zealand will be 100% perfect, it wont. But then dont just listen to the few that think its 100% rubbish, its not.

If anyone wants to keep in touch then you know where to find me Happy Land

Later Dudes and Dudesses
Hi Jack

I agree with you 100% and is part of the reason I dont post a huge amount. Cant be bothered with the arguing that might ensue. A shame though but good luck to you anyway. Take care and be happy.
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

thanks for all of your advice and enjoy your new adventure,good luck and wishes to you's ,take care .

kelsey
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

I think you all need to lighten up a bit. Dont take it all so seriously.

The thing is that it is a forum and it goes without saying you will all have difference of opinion. Dont take it all to heart and there will be comments you wont like but just ignore them. We are all on here for the same reasons, to help and to find out and to be honest its not worth anyone leaving a forum over.
Dont worry about it, today is another day.
As Austin Powers said ' Its all groovy baby'
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:22 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Not been on here for ages - thinking over and over about whether to NZ or not. Sounds like I've missed a row or something. Shame if folks are so fed up that they leave. I'm back coz I find the forum so useful and helpful.
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Well after reading a couple of posts by some new and not so new members Im off to play in my own happy world

The whole point of the forums in my opinion is to help others anyway they can. Be it positive or negative views of New Zealand, hopefully a little of each. After all no where is perfect and everywhere has its problems.

But surely just to moan and winge and generally wind other people up with crappy comments is wrong.

I am sure I am going to get roasted and accused of having my head buried in the sand and that I am a Happy Crowd Member guess what, I am.

For 4 years now I have posted and read lots of threads by many nice people on here.

Good luck to you all and take care. Dont think that New Zealand will be 100% perfect, it wont. But then dont just listen to the few that think its 100% rubbish, its not.

If anyone wants to keep in touch then you know where to find me Happy Land

Later Dudes and Dudesses
(crying smiley)
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lexylou
I tell you what, I will make it very easy for all of you. I will leave, then Jack the Lad can stay and you can all get back to normal. Its absolutly no problem and I really don't mind.

In my defense, I did try and calm things down on the thread that got a bit heated yesterday so was not the only 'culprit'.

Happy postings and feel free to be as happy and jolly as you wish. This negative poster has made her last post on the NZ threads and I will wish you all goodnight/goodmorning.
(and crying smiley)
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:08 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

See you over in Happy Land, Jack!
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

NOOOOOOOOOO! Don't leave! Your comments, whether thread related or not are always either informative or entertaining. Please reconsider?
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
I agree.

I was wondering, just the other day, whatever happened to KiwiJetPilot for instance?
Well........NZ could no longer afford to service the said jets, and jetpilot emigrated to a 1st world country where he was paid a REAL working wage for being a pilot........but thats another story....

Burt
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:11 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
St Johns Wort is natures Prosiac, and NZ is the only country in the world who sell it in the 3000mg strength straight across the counter to people of any age)

Burt
Too true, the St John's Wort is really 'kickin' out here...I've been taking it for the last month and it's certainly brightened my mood.

So some poster has hurled his toys out of the pram...does that happen a lot on this site? I used to do a lot of posting on Japan's main expat board and it was a CRACKHOUSE compared to this place. Even the most innocent post would end up with death threats and accusations of criminal behaviour and posters were publically resigning on a daily basis.

and sneaking back on again under a different name

For a website that allows people to instantly log on from a free email account I have to say I think this place is extremely kind and well behaved. (Or heavily moderated...I haven't been on long enough to know).

I really can't understand why people are complaining, it really could be a lot, lot worse than it is now.

Last edited by Avid; May 2nd 2007 at 10:13 pm.
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Jack The Lad, sorry, but I take back everything I said at the start of this post because I think that Lexylou should stay.

I make this discission based on comparing the pair of you in the leg category. JTL.....if only you had waxed and exfoliated.......

Burty
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:55 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

On a practical note, some forums have an 'ignore' button. If you don't like a poster you click the button next to their name and all their messages (past, present and future) are blocked from your screen.

I have no idea how easy such a system is to implement, but it might solve all the 'problems' in one stroke.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:02 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
On a practical note, some forums have an 'ignore' button. If you don't like a poster you click the button next to their name and all their messages (past, present and future) are blocked from your screen.

I have no idea how easy such a system is to implement, but it might solve all the 'problems' in one stroke.
We have that feature available on this forum. It's accessed through everyone's control panel.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:05 pm
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
Good luck.......You will be missed.......(I have been told that St Johns Wort is natures Prosiac, and NZ is the only country in the world who sell it in the 3000mg strength straight across the counter to people of any age)

Burt
He'll be back when his industrial strength St-John's wears off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.