Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good bookstores in NZ or good site to buy books?

Good bookstores in NZ or good site to buy books?

Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good bookstores in NZ or good site to buy books?

Originally Posted by irnbru14
I assume they were losing cash! With Borders and Whitcoulls pretty near that Dymocks store always seemed very old fashioned and poorly stocked compared to the other two big bookstores.
It is just that franchise store that is closed and Dymocks did say they want a store in central welly but will not be the franchisee's who were in charge of the old store.
Thanks for great info mr irn-bru.

thought the store seemed old fashioned too... never have bought any books there myself... as far as I remember .

everything in life must be a competition; from top student to top employee to fighting for ... Only the Strong will survive ... sux.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend of mine had the Dymocks franchise at Smales Farm on the North Shore, it's now closed down. She was given lots of poor advice & unrealistic financial expectations when she went for her training in Australia.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Friend of mine had the Dymocks franchise at Smales Farm on the North Shore, it's now closed down. She was given lots of poor advice & unrealistic financial expectations when she went for her training in Australia.
Gosh that's a shame, it didn't last long. I always thought it was an odd choice of location as no real passing foot traffic, apart from those that worked in the offices there.