good and bad news

Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice
Default Re: good and bad news

Originally Posted by Newfies
Put your Cv into Waikato DHB. I work for them and am enjoying life.

I work 3 x 12 hour shift a week which equates to .9 or Nine 8 hour shifts per fortnight.
pleanty of time for family and a social life.

How long have you been qualified for? With nursing in NZ it is done on a scale and each year on your anniversary you will get a pay rise up to 5 years/5 levels. Top basic pay on a level 5 is currently $60k. Hold out for a better deal if they are in need of nurses they will rise to the challenge.

As many others have said Tauranga is an expensive part of New Zealand. What is is about it that draws you?

What do you perceive to be doing in your new life with your family?
Spending every evening at the beach having picnics or BBQ?
not every evening as nursing as a career usually does not allow for that but some evenigs and weekends would be nice
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

So others question to pose would be:

Could you live inland with lakes to have picnics/BBQ by and to swim in? Look at Rotorua or Taupo Both very nice areas and good for family time. Will be cheaper than Tauranga.

What about living inland else where with a nice beach an easy commute? Raglan is 40 minutes from Hamilton. Not the nicest beach (black volcanic sand but great for surfing fishing etc. Christchurch has some nice beaches. Not sure on anywhere else so other posters please feel free to add here.

What do you perceive as a family to be doing in your spare time? Walking fishing Ski-ing biking inc mountain biking swimming. All of these can be achieved in Rotorua. Its all on your door step. about hour 1/2 drive to ski fields in he season.

How many shifts do you currently work? are they 8 or 12 hours shifts? very few places offer 12 hour shifts in NZ if this is something that you do or are interested in doing maybe a bit of research is required. I know Tauranga ICU do 12 hours aswell as Waikato ICU and ED.

Just a few more questions thrown in the pot for a good mixture.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by imanurse
yes the original discussion stated that i would be earning 52k base then 20-25% penal taking it to around 60k mark,
but what they are now offering will take me to 40 odd k
i was mistaken about schooling i thought that if yopu were on a temporary work visa you had to pay for school so thanks for that a wee bit light is shining.
the contract is permanent but i have put out my cv to other health boards to see what is on offer
Ah ! I see. Still think they are a bit cheeky to be honest. As someone else said, perhaps get cheeky back and ask for more hours and tell 'em blunt that you can;t survive on that $$.
Good idea to get that CV out there. As others have said you might well get a much better offer in a less expensive place to live.

If you have a work visa or PR you definitely will not have to pay for schooling, so no worries there.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:59 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

work are issuing my contract after the easter hols which is great but they are only offering me 32 hours a week and i am really not sure we can afford to live of that until hubby gets work thay say that i van always pic up extra shifts to bump me to full time, but do we take the risk!!!!!!

i will be earning 24.50 bux an hour plus 20% for penals
does anyone think a wee family of three with little savings can survive on the short term with the worse case scenario. we are looking to move to tauranga and do not live lavishly

If you did get extra shifts at the Hospital it would almost certainly be unsocial hours
The normal shift is 8 Hours
(Well that what my wife works)
I don't know what your husband does for a living but jobs are not easy to come by here
I think the Hospital has a nerve with only offering you those hours
That said Tauranga is a nice place to live
But expensive
Good luck
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice

After many emails and a phone call they have finnally come to their senses and we are bock on for full time hours at level 3 since i should only be at level 2 there will be no more complaints from me lol contract is being posted today so i await the postie again like a cat on a hot tin roof,

thanks for all of your comments both good and bad all helpfull

sam
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Well done
thanks x still no apc though think it is time to phone and harras the nursing council
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh goodness. That is good news to read. Well done you.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oh goodness. That is good news to read. Well done you.
thankyou, now i am sure we can live of that till hubster gets work
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

After many emails and a phone call they have finnally come to their senses and we are bock on for full time hours at level 3 since i should only be at level 2 there will be no more complaints from me lol contract is being posted today so i await the postie again like a cat on a hot tin roof,

thanks for all of your comments both good and bad all helpfull

sam
thank goodness for that! so pleased for you!
well done for standing up to them!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Well done and good luck with the rest of things to come!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

We couldn't live on that and we are in Auckland :-( which is the most expensive in NZ
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nukiwi
We couldn't live on that and we are in Auckland :-( which is the most expensive in NZ
??? you cant live on 60k
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Newfies
Well done and good luck with the rest of things to come!
thanks, hope it all easy sailing from here on in or am i being tooooo optomistic
Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:26 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

??? you cant live on 60k
I think he might be answering your first post question....peeps who don't read all the thread eh??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.