Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Golf, Sports etc Auckland

Golf, Sports etc Auckland

Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Golf, Sports etc Auckland

Me again!

Looking to find out if anyone knows ANYTHING about some women's golfing clubs in the Auckland area?? I'm really keen to try it out even if it is just a couple of lessons to start with.

Also if there is any women's Netball/Tennis/Squash groups in Auckland that might be good to join?

I'm sick of sitting in the house every weekend doing nothing, any suggestions welcome!

I live out West but open to suggestions in and around town and that area...
Old Sep 14th 2012, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf, Sports etc Auckland

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Me again!

If you want to try out mountainbiking out at Woodhill - this group may be for you
http://aucklandmtb.co.nz/club-rides/cranksistas/
They are always looking for new members and as you live out that way it is not too far away. Just a thought - hope you escape the house soon
Old Sep 14th 2012, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

kiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond reputekiwiwtsda has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

There is a golf club in Titirangi not sure if they do lessons though. Chamerblain Park golf club in Mt Albert is very reasonable and they have lessons. Funnily enough i was thinking of dusting off my golf clubs and taking a few lesson as I am a terrible payer. I also live out West ( New Lynn )so feel free send a PM if fancy a double lesson.

Mel

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Me again!

Looking to find out if anyone knows ANYTHING about some women's golfing clubs in the Auckland area?? I'm really keen to try it out even if it is just a couple of lessons to start with.

Also if there is any women's Netball/Tennis/Squash groups in Auckland that might be good to join?

I'm sick of sitting in the house every weekend doing nothing, any suggestions welcome!

Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

I play on 4 'Westie' courses.

RNZAF Whenuapai is perhaps the easiest (and cheapest) for a beginner - plus it's usually easy to just go and have a practise round on your own most days.
Redwood - is a small jump up in difficulty but quite busy.
Waitakerie - pretty hilly (mountainous!) but not too busy.
Murawai - Top quality links course and quite busy.

Non of them are too expensive, all have a ladies section I think and membership is very friendly at all four.

email me if you need more info.