Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Going home for christmas & new year

Going home for christmas & new year

Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of
Default Going home for christmas & new year

Can't wait First visit home in nearly 3 years and I am soooo looking forward to it, all 4 weeks of it
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home for christmas & new year

Originally Posted by Maz1
Can't wait First visit home in nearly 3 years and I am soooo looking forward to it, all 4 weeks of it
Surely if you've been here for three years, then home is here and you're going back to the UK for Xmas???
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

I think where you come from is always home.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pleccy2000
I think where you come from is always home.
Exactly
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

or where the heart is....
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

For me, home is here, where I live. I was born in NE England but would never consider that home.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
For me, home is here, where I live. I was born in NE England but would never consider that home.
Lapsed Kiwi - where abouts in the NE are you from, I'm from Hartlepool, just up from Manchester and down from Newcastle. (near Middlesbrough)
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:13 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Maz1, enjoy your trip back-don't hang too many monkeysSorry, couldn't resist!

I'm also from Co.Durham and will probably always consider that as "home". That is where I was brought up and my parents still live there.
I always have a couple of homes: Darlington where I am from originally and secondly the place where I live at that particular point in time. Depending on the context I could be talking about either.

Oooh you'll have a proper Xmas with cold dark winter nights and hopefully snow! Xmas doesn't seem real in the blazing sun
Sue
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:09 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

We went bacl last Christmas and in Poole, Dorset it got down to -10 and even the sea water on the shore froze over lol , it was cold and dark at 4, lol I still love my old town and Dorset, we only had 3 weeks back there and beleive me it goes soooo quick, what with the 5 days of jet lag and the trying to eat meals at wrong times of day, like 4 course meal in UK when its breakfast in NZ lol, we had planned to do so much, the ended from pillar to post fo rellies and frineds who wanted a piece of us, so plan ahead a wee bit, and if you had plans to see or do sometihing special, then dont forget it and do it. We had not been back for nearly 4 years, and its true what others have said, you need to go back to realise why you left !! and that you have definitley done the right thing in moving to NZ !!

Enjoy it, seeing family again is always worth the $$ distance.

NIge
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
Maz1, enjoy your trip back-don't hang too many monkeysSorry, couldn't resist!

I'm also from Co.Durham and will probably always consider that as "home". That is where I was brought up and my parents still live there.
I always have a couple of homes: Darlington where I am from originally and secondly the place where I live at that particular point in time. Depending on the context I could be talking about either.

Oooh you'll have a proper Xmas with cold dark winter nights and hopefully snow! Xmas doesn't seem real in the blazing sun
Sue
I thought I got away with that 1. Just think, a xmas tree with lights on what you can actually see. Isn't it the little things that make you smile
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz1
I thought I got away with that 1. Just think, a xmas tree with lights on what you can actually see. Isn't it the little things that make you smile
And propper Mince Pies, actually, I can't wait either, 4 months and 18 days til the UK and real Christmas and counting
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

ohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really niceohnojo is just really nice

Yay ! That's great - you'll have a ball
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maz1, hope all is well with you up North-have a great time when you go back-no staying up until 10pm to get the xmas lights twinkle, you will be able to get it at 3.30pm instead eh.

Lee
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Maz1, hope all is well with you up North-have a great time when you go back-no staying up until 10pm to get the xmas lights twinkle, you will be able to get it at 3.30pm instead eh.

Lee
Hi Lee, I'll be lucky if I see 9pm, but I'll have a good go