Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Going before ITA confirmed

Going before ITA confirmed

Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all
Default Going before ITA confirmed

Hi

Can anyone help? We are about to send in our ITA and have just had a job offer. We are waiting for confirmation of the job offer, but the person dealing with it is on annual leave. They want us to start work in March. Has anyone else gone over to NZ before PR has been granted and confirmed. If so what does that mean as regards to passports, etc do we have to send them back to London or do they give us the visas in NZ.

I am assuming we have to buy return air tickets too??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kim
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Going before ITA confirmed

Originally Posted by kimberleyclarke2
Hi

Can anyone help? We are about to send in our ITA and have just had a job offer. We are waiting for confirmation of the job offer, but the person dealing with it is on annual leave. They want us to start work in March. Has anyone else gone over to NZ before PR has been granted and confirmed. If so what does that mean as regards to passports, etc do we have to send them back to London or do they give us the visas in NZ.

I am assuming we have to buy return air tickets too??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kim
we came to Nz on a work permit and gor Pr in Nz, it was dealt with at NZ immigration in auckland. If you dont have a work permit however you will probably need to show a return or onward ticket, you wont be allowed in on a one way ticket as a tourist. You are not allowed to start working without the visa issues sorted out.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

I agree with newkiwi.
The authorities wont even let you board the plane in Engand if you dont have a visa in your passport. Tourist visas wont allow you to work so I would go back to the NZ company and ask for help asap.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverchap
I agree with newkiwi.
The authorities wont even let you board the plane in Engand if you dont have a visa in your passport. Tourist visas wont allow you to work so I would go back to the NZ company and ask for help asap.
I have to agree with the comments, if you arrive here on a visitors you can't work and they will not employ you, but if you put a little pressure on NZIS they should be able to have this done by March as long as it is a confirmed offer in writing

You would need a return ticket to come here tho, you coud fly out of the uk if it was not a direct flight, if it was a flight with stop offs it is the last airport before you arrive here that would stop you boarding the plane