Going it alone

Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough
Default Going it alone

It might come down to me emigrating on my own with my 15 yr old daughter.

Anyone have any opinions as to whether I could manage out there (in view of all the comments re wages v cost of living)? I had completed our EOI but it was my OH who had all the points, being a carpenter. I would have to get a secretarial/admin job or anything else that doesn´t need experience and I can´t see they´re going to give a job to me over a NZ-er with equal experience in those areas. What is my best bet? To just go over and try for a Work to Residence do you recon? Those of you who have been over there for a year or so must have some idea...

I´d welcome any advice and honest opinion, good or bad. Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going it alone

Originally Posted by Danemad
It might come down to me emigrating on my own with my 15 yr old daughter.

Anyone have any opinions as to whether I could manage out there (in view of all the comments re wages v cost of living)? I had completed our EOI but it was my OH who had all the points, being a carpenter. I would have to get a secretarial/admin job or anything else that doesn´t need experience and I can´t see they´re going to give a job to me over a NZ-er with equal experience in those areas. What is my best bet? To just go over and try for a Work to Residence do you recon? Those of you who have been over there for a year or so must have some idea...

I´d welcome any advice and honest opinion, good or bad. Thanks
I'm a bit confused. Are you going on your own or with your other half? If he's got enough points why have you got a problem getting over there?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Because I might WANT to come without him... even though he is my ticket into NZ...
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Because I might WANT to come without him... even though he is my ticket into NZ...
Sorry, I have no idea how you'll get over there if you havent got enough points but I'm sure youll get some answers on here.

I only looked at your post as I'm going on my own with kids but didnt realise you actually had a partner.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

at the moment I have... Do you have a job to go to then? Or do you have enough capital not to worry. I certainly won´t have much cash to take if I go alone...
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

at the moment I have... Do you have a job to go to then? Or do you have enough capital not to worry. I certainly won´t have much cash to take if I go alone...
I did have one lined up but was supposed to start some time back (long story).

I need to get back in touch with them but i dont think I will have a problem.

I'm going to Aus not New Zealand but will still be difficult going on my own though. Still, its an adventure.