Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

god this makes me want to leave right now

god this makes me want to leave right now

Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default god this makes me want to leave right now

now i am not politically versed or racist or anything like that but the front page of my local newspaper has me gobsmacked.

http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/

now i know this community in question will get this land they want but i know of similar families ( white british) that are struggling just the same but wouldnt even get a second glance if they wanted to buy the land.

now i know why i feel like a second class citizen
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice
Default Re: god this makes me want to leave right now

An Asian community?! What's next? It's going to be like Northern ireland with it's catholic and protestant sides. I don't understand why people just can't all live together. This sort of project will only make the racism worse in Britain.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
An Asian community?! What's next? It's going to be like Northern ireland with it's catholic and protestant sides. I don't understand why people just can't all live together. This sort of project will only make the racism worse in Britain.

exactley. its already quite bad in some areas of oldham, my son had to do a school swap with another primary school in one of the asian areas (my sons school have been fundraising for an outdoor play area for the past 3 years and offstead marked it down because it needed one but the asian school they went to had an outdoor play area that was just 2 years old and they were ripping it up to put a new one in, why? because if they reach budget they get more grants next year for being in a deprived area but my sons school 10 minutes down the road from there get zip. its so unfair.

people of the uk that arent racist( like myself) are being turned into it by this stupid pc government.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Give us some land - yeah right - bastards. If they want land buy it like we have too. For **** sake we have to leave the country so we can affford something. These twats expect it for free. If they want to stop over crowding work harder and rent or buy more houses at the going rate like everyone else.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:05 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by gina and danny
now i am not politically versed or racist or anything like that but the front page of my local newspaper has me gobsmacked.

http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/

now i know this community in question will get this land they want but i know of similar families ( white british) that are struggling just the same but wouldnt even get a second glance if they wanted to buy the land.

now i know why i feel like a second class citizen
I read the article. I don't get your outrage. They seem like nice enough people who want to better their lives. I'm not so sure about building on a contaminated site, but I suppose it can be worked out.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

yeah they are nice people, but if your house is only two bed why have 4/5 kids and invite half your family from abroad to come and live with you???

simple more kids you got more tax payers money you get= more benefits.
so what do they do with the benefits?
save up and buy land to make another all asian community, so they can have more kids and invite more rellies over.

rant over.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:16 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like they want to build bigger houses so larger extended famalies can live in larger houses. Almost like some "european" or ex-Pat Kiwis and just like plenty of "Asian" Kiwis.
As the article says:
Now, in a unique proposal, they are urging Oldham Council to sell them a piece of wasteland that has already been identified for development – so that they can use it to create a borough first and build their own community.
Bit of a Churchillian "Give us the tools and we'll do the job" so they should go far in NZ if they wanted to come.
So where is the problem?
And where do you think you would see a significantly different "problem" or "solution" in NZ - maybe in Oz on the sunshine coast where all is WASP-ville, possibly in some places in South Island, or maybe some parts of North Shore. Not in Auckland.
And TBH thank goodness......
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:19 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

yeah they are nice people, but if your house is only two bed why have 4/5 kids and invite half your family from abroad to come and live with you???

simple more kids you got more tax payers money you get= more benefits.
so what do they do with the benefits?
save up and buy land to make another all asian community, so they can have more kids and invite more rellies over.

rant over.
you'll find that is what happens in NZ too - just check out the number of ex-Pats that "import" their parents and other family members. Some of this is great for NZ and our communities some not so good......
And if you ae on about large families in some communities you will find that here too, just look at how the demographic is due to change here over the next few years with Maori and Pacifika people outnumbering "Europeans" pretty soon.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

the problem is they want to buy the land for asian families and keep the houses for asian families,that is segregation, exactley what we dont want to happen in these communities.( they moan that british people are racist towards them and dont include them in anything and say they want to be part of the community a great britain and then go and do somethiung stupid like this)

the planners developers who want the land would build on them and not be prejudist about who they sold them to be it white asian black chinese or even outer mongolian.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:23 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

now i am not politically versed or racist......
Oh yes you are!

Anyway...have a good look at some of the old threads on this forum where people were asking what benefits they could claim in New Zealand the minute they stepped off the plane.

That should give you some perspective and help calm you down.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

You could well be right and TBH the level of racism I encountered at school from those from the sub-continent was about as high as you get. But, they do have a point and most developers going for larger homes will not be marketing their large extended families, so perhaps they should get in on the PFI act (most everyone else has). I agree that exclusive areas or ghettos are no good for building inter-community relations but just dismissing the idea on principle as not going to do race relations much good either. My other point is that you might not find a completely different situation here - although many groups are anti-PC there are plenty of racists here and some more involved racial/ethnic issues.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Avid
Oh yes you are!

Anyway...have a good look at some of the old threads on this forum where people were asking what benefits they could claim in New Zealand the minute they stepped off the plane.

Most of us poor expats couldn't survive without our kids supporting us via tax credits and childcare..........
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh yes you are!

i am calm

i like you replied to my thread, i like your posts.

i am off to work in a minute, but before i go i would like to say that i havent got rose tinted specs about these kind of situations in nz and as for the maori/pacific ilsanders that were mentioned in a previous post i think that is there right it is after all their island and o know that i my self and my family will try our best to fit in with the way new zealnders do things and their culture alot more than can be said of immigrants to the uk.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Oh yes you are!

No they are not being racist. If anyone else ( white English) applied for this land the authorities would turn it down. Its about time they should stop encouraging seperate communities. Or we could go to the white only South African system.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

there is a lot of seperate communities in NZ to......

Asians tend to keep themselves in certain areas....Howick where we stay has been nicknamed Chowick because of the large Asian community.....even have there own shopping centre,every shop Chinese......

British tend to congregate together(myself included)in that statement.....

most people when they move to a new country look for a bit of there own country,and you do tend to feel more comfortable around your own people....jacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.