Go Jazzy!!

Old Sep 27th 2018, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go Jazzy!!

Super proud of our PM today

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-and-the-world

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Sep 27th 2018 at 10:26 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go Jazzy!!

governments do have obligations to their people
Not taxing them into poverty being one of them and paying those who educate their children and care for their sick and elderly being another
How's that working out for ya ??
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Justcol
Not taxing them into poverty being one of them and paying those who educate their children and care for their sick and elderly being another
Not that Bo-J post is about home affairs but I don't follow some of your post.
What do you mean by taxing into poverty. This is a small nation with few people. Unfortunately that should mean quite high taxation if the nation as a whole wants social benefits/ quality infrastructure etc. I'm for taxation & I am very much for capital gains tax.

With regard to the teachers & their union, they have a right to feel disappointment as they feel that the Labour promise to undo the harm by the National party has not been fulfilled. Hopefully some compromise will be reached but again , that has to be paid for by us , the people.

That's very much the deal here. Everyone likes to moan about what is not available or happening but no-one wants to pay to change that. They prefer the black economy and avoiding taxation at any cost.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Yes. I was pleased. That is punching above the NZ weight and standing up for some form of decency. She spoke well.

There again I would always take kindness over meanness any day.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
How's that working out for ya ??
I don't actually recall that there has been any tax increase of late, except for few cents on petrol which a regional Auckland thing imposed by the Council not the Labour Government. I probably will have to sacrifice a few cucumbers to pay for that but I am glad to live in a society that gives tax relief or supplements the income of people on low incomes and families with dependant children and gladly will pay more tax if it means our teachers, nurses and workers in other core services get a decent living wage.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 7:33 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

There are a number of important conversations happening (rather ineloquently at times) about trade and military confrontation. The prime ministers speech did not address her governments stance on the pertinent issues nor offer a way forwards on these pressing issues. The prime minister is a very astute but this was aimed at New Zealand voters. Overall I would rather she aim at beating a path forwards with other leaders, inch by bloody inch if required, rather than using the UN to score votes domestically and get sound bytes played on the telly.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 10:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

shame a lot of other leaders had already left
Old Sep 29th 2018, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I don't actually recall that there has been any tax increase of late, except for few cents on petrol which a regional Auckland thing imposed by the Council not the Labour Government. I probably will have to sacrifice a few cucumbers to pay for that but I am glad to live in a society that gives tax relief or supplements the income of people on low incomes and families with dependant children and gladly will pay more tax if it means our teachers, nurses and workers in other core services get a decent living wage.
The upcoming tax increases on fuel are NOT imposed by council. Auckland had its own increase and even with that jaffas still pay less for fuel than those in the south island. The "few cents" increase means transport costs will increase, this will be passed onto the consumer right across the range so theres a bit of a double whammy going on.

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The prime minister is a very astute but this was aimed at New Zealand voters,
using the UN to score votes domestically and get sound bytes played on the telly.
​​​Yes this
Is anyone else tired of the jacinda and Neeve show yet.

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 29th 2018 at 7:13 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 2:07 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
What do you mean by taxing into poverty.