Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

GNVQ3 in Early Years Childcare and Education

GNVQ3 in Early Years Childcare and Education

Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about
Default GNVQ3 in Early Years Childcare and Education

Hi - My OH is wondering if there is anyone out there with a GNVQ3 in CCE working in NZ now, and what if anything else did they need to do to work/supervise/run a day nursery?

The Pre-assessment Result of Level 4 (nil points) whas caused a small concern over her employability - despite running her own childcare business in the UK and working as a room supervisor in a couple of larger 'brand' nurseries. Rather her than me!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice
Default Re: GNVQ3 in Early Years Childcare and Education

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
Hi - My OH is wondering if there is anyone out there with a GNVQ3 in CCE working in NZ now, and what if anything else did they need to do to work/supervise/run a day nursery?

The Pre-assessment Result of Level 4 (nil points) whas caused a small concern over her employability - despite running her own childcare business in the UK and working as a room supervisor in a couple of larger 'brand' nurseries. Rather her than me!
Working in a centre should be OK with a level 4 qualification - I teach on a level 3 childcare course. You'd need to upskill PDQ in order to run a centre as there are much tighter regulations coming into play over the next few years with regard to required qualifications.

http://www.teachnz.govt.nz/pathways/...education.html

also worth a look
http://www.nzchildcare.ac.nz/

On the bright side, if you get a diploma or degree level qualification you'll have no problem getting a job.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by IainW
Working in a centre should be OK with a level 4 qualification - I teach on a level 3 childcare course. You'd need to upskill PDQ in order to run a centre as there are much tighter regulations coming into play over the next few years with regard to required qualifications.

http://www.teachnz.govt.nz/pathways/...education.html

also worth a look
http://www.nzchildcare.ac.nz/

On the bright side, if you get a diploma or degree level qualification you'll have no problem getting a job.
Ian

Many thanks for this reply. I'll get OH to take a close look at your links.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
Ian

Many thanks for this reply. I'll get OH to take a close look at your links.
OH not happy... seems I was not listening again.
Her mail to me is below:

Have read email, however, my qualification is NVQ3 EYCE not GNVQ3CCE the latter being the = of GCSE study the former is = to A level study……….

So, I have studied Early Years Care and Education at ‘A’ level.

I suspect that this does not change Ian's view, but if I ever want to be initmate with OH again I feel it is required to set the record straight!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice

It must be bad if you're communicating via email!

She'll be fine to work in a centre, just not qualified to manage one.