Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:09 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Originally Posted by lardyl
also, the IRA and ETA did tend to give some form of warning (certainly in the 70s) and they were trying to make political points and force political change.
Actually ETA qualify as loonies. They don't just want a Spanish state they want part of France as well and that's not going to happen.

The one good thing about '9-11' is that it made the IRA and ETA (for a while) hide their weapons and pretend to be peaceful for a few years.

It's all swings and roundabouts with these bombers...
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Avid
Actually ETA qualify as loonies. They don't just want a Spanish state they want part of France as well and that's not going to happen.

The one good thing about '9-11' is that it made the IRA and ETA (for a while) hide their weapons and pretend to be peaceful for a few years.

It's all swings and roundabouts with these bombers...
I just think that ETA and the IRA are beginning to look like reasonable human beings in comparison to the latest bunch of maniacs. At least with ETA and the IRA you know what their cause was. Why exactly are these nutters attacking our airports and nighclubs? What is their aim? This can't be about Iraq as 9/11 happend before this. So what is it they want to achieve?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leighlou
I just think that ETA and the IRA are beginning to look like reasonable human beings in comparison to the latest bunch of maniacs. At least with ETA and the IRA you know what their cause was. Why exactly are these nutters attacking our airports and nighclubs? What is their aim? This can't be about Iraq as 9/11 happend before this. So what is it they want to achieve?
They just want to take over the world, one religion, one god as long as it is theirs. The rest of us need putting to the sword.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leighlou
So what is it they want to achieve?
World domination for Muslims, it's their duty to convert all non-believers to Islam.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps if we stopped pissing in their countries they would leave us alone.

Kip
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Never mind Pi**ing, did the Glasgow Terrorists get fined for Smoking in a public place ?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:08 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kippers
Perhaps if we stopped pissing in their countries they would leave us alone.

Kip
I haven't pissed in any muslim country but yet they still want to kill me wtf? :curse:

I seriously think muslims are ****ed up. But then again, I also think certain Christian faiths are as well, eg. Catholics. (just to balance my arguments)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
I haven't pissed in any muslim country but yet they still want to kill me wtf? :curse:

I seriously think muslims are ****ed up. But then again, I also think certain Christian faiths are as well, eg. Catholics. (just to balance my arguments)
I hope the bastards got very badly burned and have a slow painful death.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Just been on NZ news, a doctor has been arrested in OZ in connection with the Glasgow bomb. Aparrently 2 docs were involved (both worked at Paisley hosptal) - to think these bast**ds are let loose on humans to save lives in hospitals. Frightening to think what they could do abusing their positions of trust.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

cartoon
Attached Thumbnails Glasgow Airport Sat 30th-cartoon.bmp  
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:15 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
cartoon
read this on wiki about muslims :

Beliefs :

Allah · Oneness of God
Muhammad · Prophets of Islam

Practices :

Profession of Faith · Prayer
Fasting · Charity · Pilgrimage
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty

It is, unfortunately, a war. Even more unfortunately it's one that the UK along with several other European countries with large and burgening Muslim populations will probably, in the long term, lose.

One hopes that New Zealand will take note of Europes problems and skew it's immigration policy to make sure a similar situation does not develop in here.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Its not just the stuff you see on the news. Its other more subtle things.

Last Friday the M4 was closed because they found some drums strapped to the pillar of the overpass at J22. A hoax.

Coming in to work on Tuesday morning, there were armed police patrolling the train station in Bristol, and armed police patrolling the square outside my office at lunchtime. As I left Paddington station they evacuated it for a security alert, victoria and several tube stations were closed for other alerts.

A colleague of mine was on one of the tubes that was blown up last year at the tube station that's opposite my office, fortunately for her she's a titch, and the man standing next to her shielded her from the blast and lost his leg. She was washing glass out of her hair for days.

A friend's boyfriend works for a merchant bank and spends one week in their london and one week in the twin tower office. I had no idea for days whether he was on his New York week when 9/11 happened. I was at Datchett Water watching my husband sailing when the skies above heathrow fell silent - eerie.

Yes, life goes on, and I don't change what I do because of the potential threat, but far from making me feel safe, I find these things make me nervous and its very real and effects the people around me in a very real way. Whats even more concerning is that these are people in our communities with normal jobs and normal looking lives.

So compared to this I do see NZ as more of a safe haven, its not the only or main reason for moving, but its a fairly decent motive. If it weren't then there wouldn't be the number of people coming up to me in the office in the last few days saying 'your getting out just in time'.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justinthyme
It is, unfortunately, a war. Even more unfortunately it's one that the UK along with several other European countries with large and burgening Muslim populations will probably, in the long term, lose.

One hopes that New Zealand will take note of Europes problems and skew it's immigration policy to make sure a similar situation does not develop in here.
They cannot fight progress forever in the age of the Internet, the Iranian people will one day fight for their freedom and will be the turning point for an Islamic reformation, Morroco and Turkey have leaders who are progressive, trying to make their societies more Western and successful. Also America is trying to encourage Ethanol production as a replacement for oil, which is one of the main reasons that Saudi leaders etc can can sponsor terrorism and keep power. Muslim leaders are just like Emirs and Caliphs from the Middle ages, trying to hang on to power with a combination of religion and secret police. Of course things are going to get a lot worse before that happens.

I was just wondering why British immigration let so many Muslim doctors from Iran/Iraq/Syria into the country after 2003 ? If things really get bad, i am sure that they will all be rounded up/expelled.

Yes, i am sure that NZ will restrict the number of Muslims entering the country, you always see a few in the city centres. It is Australia that has quite large numbers of Lebanese Muslims, supporting Syria, and there is that funny Muslim leader in Oz
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:47 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nisey
So compared to this I do see NZ as more of a safe haven, its not the only or main reason for moving, but its a fairly decent motive.
'White flight' is the term, I believe, though it doesn't usually refer to moving countries.

The main reason that the UK is so 'jumpy' is ...well. I'm not sure. Probably because the end of the 'cold war' has left a lot of powerful organsations with nothing much to do. There is a terrorist threat, obviously, from some followers of Islam but nobody ever reacted this way when other groups were letting bombs off.

Somebody mentioned 'Lockerbie' and that's an interesting example. An airliner gets brought down and people, whilst shocked, carry on with their lives. Three car bombs fail to go off and suddenly it's World War Three!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.