Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Given Up Smoking!!??

Given Up Smoking!!??

Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:37 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Given Up Smoking!!??

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
All good advice and positive vibes, thank you all. So here I go into Day 2 in the Loolah Lungs!! (I am using Nicotine patches - is this cheating? I thought if I didn't I may well attack the children and hubby?!)
Not only can you use patches, UK smoking cessation policy advocates the use of patches AND 1 other nicotene replacement eg gum, inhalator or lozenges. So keep using the patch and get one of the others for when you feel really weak. Do you want more info? PM me if you do, because I won't force feed you!
Well done so far!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karonious
Not only can you use patches, UK smoking cessation policy advocates the use of patches AND 1 other nicotene replacement eg gum, inhalator or lozenges. So keep using the patch and get one of the others for when you feel really weak. Do you want more info? PM me if you do, because I won't force feed you!
Well done so far!
Thanks Karen, I'm using "Sexy Mother Pucker" it's a gooey lip gloss that plumps your lips up so they have like a tingly feeling and are all sticky, plus you look like Angelina Jolie - well your lips do anyway!! Shall keep with that and mints for the time being. Tried the nicotine gum before and felt really unwell!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Karen, I'm using "Sexy Mother Pucker" it's a gooey lip gloss that plumps your lips up so they have like a tingly feeling and are all sticky, plus you look like Angelina Jolie - well your lips do anyway!! Shall keep with that and mints for the time being. Tried the nicotine gum before and felt really unwell!
You silly sod, it wasn't a suppository! When it said place in the cheek it meant in your mouth!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by karonious
You silly sod, it wasn't a suppository! When it said place in the cheek it meant in your mouth!
Ah Ha!! Why wasn't it clearer then?! Thinking may try the sucking on cut to size plastic straws trick if my tingling pout lets me down!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:46 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say well done for giving up, i know it's not easy but you've done really well so far...you sound really determined, so good on ya gal

I gave up 19 years ago after smoking 20 - 30 a day for 6 years and would never go back to it ever again. I went cold turkey as we didn't have patches back then but i had got to the stage where i didn't like it any more so i think that really helped...i still had my bad days when i craved for a fag, but i stayed strong and got through them.

Take one day at a time and give yourself a MASSIVE pat on the back for making it through the first difficult days

Smoke free Karma sent your way
take care Mandie
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:37 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mazi;4370159 They work for me every time I give up.[/QUOTE]

LOL!?!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Just wanted to say well done for giving up, i know it's not easy but you've done really well so far...you sound really determined, so good on ya gal

I gave up 19 years ago after smoking 20 - 30 a day for 6 years and would never go back to it ever again. I went cold turkey as we didn't have patches back then but i had got to the stage where i didn't like it any more so i think that really helped...i still had my bad days when i craved for a fag, but i stayed strong and got through them.

Take one day at a time and give yourself a MASSIVE pat on the back for making it through the first difficult days

Smoke free Karma sent your way
take care Mandie
Thanks again for all the support. Thought today (Day TWO!!!!) would be easier as was at work, not at home with SMOKING hubby. But of course my habits at work are even more routine than at home. Coffee mid-morning, then outside for a fag with mobile to text/phone/nag hubby. Said to Bosses, I'm working longer hours for the same money as when I used to break the day up with nipping out for fags!

Nearly at the end of day 2, I will persevere!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
LOL!?!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:06 pm

Nearly at the end of day 2, I will persevere!
So how's day 3 going so far?
Keep at it you're doing soooooo well
take care Mandie
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:42 pm

So how's day 3 going so far?
Keep at it you're doing soooooo well
take care Mandie
Thanks Mandie, yes still going, keep thinking about it, and then reminding myself that I DON'T smoke anymore?!

Still not quite up to running a marathon (or indeed up the stairs) but I've realised it's more about breaking the habits that you associate having a fag with and have found getting up and getting on with something different helps. Like last nite, used to always have one after supper in the kitchen, so instead took the kids straight upstairs for a bath and thus the moment was over!!

Can you tell I feel a little self-rightous already!!!!

P.S: Thanks you for my smoke free Karma!!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Feb 8th 2007 at 1:42 pm. Reason: Forgot to say thank you!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:38 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it up Hun.

Think of the effect it'll have on those fairy powers. Carry on and you'll be able to fly to NZ under your own power!!!!

Reckon you're doing all the right things to help yourself. You should be very proud!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:42 pm

Well done you!!!

It's not easy, but you sound really determined and doing the right thing by keeping yourself busy.

How bout you husband...is he gonna give up as well?

Keep up the good work
Mandie
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:31 pm

Well done you!!!

It's not easy, but you sound really determined and doing the right thing by keeping yourself busy.

How bout you husband...is he gonna give up as well?

Keep up the good work
Mandie
Nearing the end of Day FOUR in Loolah's Lungs and as it's Friday evening I've had the requisite bolly or 4 - willpower dissipating!!!

Knew it would, so prepared in advance a selection of enticing, mouth-watering crudites - yum, bl**dy, yum!! Have tried to smoke them, but alas, too damp - must be all the pesky vitamins in them?!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Nearing the end of Day FOUR in Loolah's Lungs and as it's Friday evening I've had the requisite bolly or 4 - willpower dissipating!!!

Knew it would, so prepared in advance a selection of enticing, mouth-watering crudites - yum, bl**dy, yum!! Have tried to smoke them, but alas, too damp - must be all the pesky vitamins in them?!
You tried those licorice sticks yet?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:44 pm
conquering the world!

Are crudites anything like crudities? Like Damn, bugger bollocks arse etc?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.