Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Given Up Smoking!!??

Given Up Smoking!!??

Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:36 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Given Up Smoking!!??

Help Me!!!! It's only Day One and hubby's merrily puffing away in front of me - which frankly is cruel and evil!

Not doing too bad thus far. But it's Hubster's birthday today which means mandatory bottle of Bolly tonite. And we all know what that does to a girl's will power?!

Do I forego the Bolly? Maybe I should just go to bed really early?! Arghhhhh!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Given Up Smoking!!??

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Help Me!!!! It's only Day One and hubby's merrily puffing away in front of me - which frankly is cruel and evil!

Not doing too bad thus far. But it's Hubster's birthday today which means mandatory bottle of Bolly tonite. And we all know what that does to a girl's will power?!

Do I forego the Bolly? Maybe I should just go to bed really early?! Arghhhhh!!!!
Start the giving up tomorrow
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mazi
Start the giving up tomorrow
But I've already done nearly 7 HOURS??!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

But I've already done nearly 7 HOURS??!!!!!
So you won't smoke as many today as you normally do, which will make you feel great and give you the willpower to start giving up again tomorrow!

See, sorted.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:42 pm

So you won't smoke as many today as you normally do, which will make you feel great and give you the willpower to start giving up again tomorrow!

See, sorted.
Let me guess, did you get the sack from the quit smoking helpline?!

Right, off to suck on something! (Or should that be chew?!)

Last edited by Am Loolah; Feb 6th 2007 at 12:43 pm. Reason: Souns rude, not meant to honest!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Given Up Smoking!!??

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaay

Well Done you for taking one of the biggest steps EVER! We used to smoke too - in fact it's 1 year and 11 months since I last lit up I was pregnant with my daughter so that was my incentive to quit, hubby's was to join me lol I was pregnant so couldn't use any aids to help me quit, just sheer will-power - I did it !!! Just tell yourself you are bigger than that fag and you DO NOT need it - it does work if you really want it to. I had a predicament with drinking too, thought I was going to buy some but I fought the urge and can say I'm a happy and healthy non smelly non smoker

You'll start smelling tobacco and nicotine on people and you'll wonder exactly how many people thought you stank !!! I know I certainly did

Let us know how you get on and remember you CAN do it xx

Michelle xx
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Let me guess, did you get the sack from the quit smoking helpline?!

Right, off to suck on something! (Or should that be chew?!)
I didn't take it as being rude! I would never work for a quit smoking line - bloody reformed smokers are the worst - high horses and ivory towers and glass houses, probably a few black pots too. I just know that if I gave up on Boyfriend's b/day (which is tomorrow so I won't be giving up til at least Thursday) I'd be miserable as sin all day due to the drink/fag combo and not being able to have it.

I can recommend licorice sticks (real stick, not the black stuff) if you want something to chew/suck on though. They work for me every time I give up.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

bloody reformed smokers are the worst - high horses and ivory towers and glass houses, probably a few black pots too.
Not you, of course, Michelle!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:53 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done you!!!

We're both ex smokers too, so know how hard it is, but I have to ask hun, with everything else that's going on, is now the right time to try to do this?????

We all know how stressful this whole process can be ( it's enough to drive me to drink!!! ), so maybe when you get through this whole process & life is a lot less stressful, you might stand a better chance of not falling off the "wagon".

Sarah x
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:55 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Well Done you!!!

We're both ex smokers too, so know how hard it is, but I have to ask hun, with everything else that's going on, is now the right time to try to do this?????

We all know how stressful this whole process can be ( it's enough to drive me to drink!!! ), so maybe when you get through this whole process & life is a lot less stressful, you might stand a better chance of not falling off the "wagon".

Sarah x

If that makes sense!!! I've just read that and what a load of gobbledeegook that was !!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

you liar !!!!

I could never be a full blown reformed smoker! I still sit with people as they smoke, I just 'choose' not to smoke anymore!

I am, however, very protective of my kids in smoky areas and can resemble a banshee if anyone tries smoking in front of my kids without so much as a care in the world hehe
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
you liar !!!!

I could never be a full blown reformed smoker! I still sit with people as they smoke, I just 'choose' not to smoke anymore!

I am, however, very protective of my kids in smoky areas and can resemble a banshee if anyone tries smoking in front of my kids without so much as a care in the world hehe
eurgh - I do still smoke but I don't sit with people who are smoking! I'm like a non-smoker who smokes. I don't like the smell, don't like it in front of kids, don't like it in restaurants, have got used to it not being in pubs. I don't even like my own fag after the first two puffs so it's a good job I smoke rollies so I can leave them in the ashtray for Ron.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:03 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Your incentive should be how bloody terrible its going to be on the flight. I've been thinking about that, so I've been cutting down a lot. Its a scary, scary thought, especially as I know its going to be stressful and when the stewards come around I'll keep asking for more alcohol. Its there, I can't stop myself!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

I read about a bloke the other day who had tried to give up for years and then he used some reverse psychology on himself. He caught a cold and felt too ill to smoke and told himself he'd start smoking again as soon as the cold went away. It went away and he didn't re-start smoking (due to his self-confessed lack of willpower) so he gave himself a new 'restart' date and then that date passed too, then he decided he'd restart on his birthday and that date passed too etc. He hasn't smoked for a couple of years now.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Caroline 7 hours is a start!
I always feel sorry for the smokers on the long haul flights, the desire to smoke must be awful.
I don't smoke - tried and never liked it- but if someone told me to cut chocolate I'd find it tough, I managed to give up everything with more than 5% fat before the gallbladder op. but I'm gradually buying choc. when I shop again. It's not easy breaking an addiction
Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.