Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Getting scared now.....

Getting scared now.....

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:04 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting scared now.....

[QUOTE=blueholly;8605186]Hi All,
I just wanted to appologise for attempting to support and encourage your decision to move as I obviously caused offence to some people!
Is this the spirit of this forum because if it is then I am in the wrong place!

No offence caused here so no apology needed......keep posting!!
Ditto Persephone's comments.

We 'sucked & saw' NZ, had been as a visitor before, OH luckily had dual nationality so visa process relatively easy for me but we have chosen to return to the UK at the moment.......absolutely nothing to do with New Zealand, still support anyone who takes a chance in living their dream in a country I feel honoured to call our 2nd home.
You won't know until you try, feel the fear and do it anyway!........
B x
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:15 am
Just Joined

ratm1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting scared now.....

Hi Chaps,

This is one small planet and you are a mere 24 hours away. 3 cornwalls by train, so no big deal, physically.

The real journey, which i have taken, and you are about to, is an internal one. A journey about yourself, and one no one can help you with. I think you are on a journey of discovery. Ultimately you will have the answer. Where you live on Earth being the byproduct.

You have one life. Do NOT see this as end-game. Do NOT expect outcomes. Take in the experience, see where it takes you (internally), and absorb the experience. You win just by doing it!

Sometimes these journeys are not necessarily bi-lateral, they represent a journey to resolution. I did and am back here in the UK, but would jump at the chance of NZ once more - possibly alone this time.

Ultimately it is about your human condition, and not the backdrop. You will need emotional support throughout; to prop you up from time to time, but you'd need that here.

Drop me a pm on your journey if you need sustainance. But the fear is natural, and your commitment and drive, supernatural.

Good luck.