Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Getting rid of car? Companies?

Getting rid of car? Companies?

Old May 8th 2008, 11:56 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting rid of car? Companies?

Hi all

A bit off topic. Does anyone know any national or local companies (Wellington) that come and get a car that's dead? I would rather not foot the cost of it being taken as I'm aware that some companies will do it for free as they can fix the car and sell it on or strip it for parts, neither of which I can be bothered to do myself! If anyone is a mechanic and would like to take the thing, I would be more than happy to hand it over.

Thanks in advance

Nikki
Old May 9th 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting rid of car? Companies?

How about advertising it on Trademe as FREE FOR PARTS....

Then someone will come along and take it off your hands no worries!
Old May 9th 2008, 12:19 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
How about advertising it on Trademe as FREE FOR PARTS....

Then someone will come along and take it off your hands no worries!
Thanks, I might try that actually, especially if I can't get a faster response. The only thing is there is always a risk of someone taking forever to come and get it. I'm so sick of seeing it, I could just take its handbrake off and let it roll off into the sea!
Old May 9th 2008, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Thanks, I might try that actually, especially if I can't get a faster response. The only thing is there is always a risk of someone taking forever to come and get it. I'm so sick of seeing it, I could just take its handbrake off and let it roll off into the sea!

Hi, look under Automotive dismantlers in the YP. There's bound to be someone who will take it free as they are worth $$$$$$$$$ broken up. Failing that ring your local council, they will take it or know someone who will remove it for nothing. Finally try your local speedway track..they have demolition derbies and I am sure they always need 'new' cars. Good luck. If I lived locally I'd take it away for you!!
Old May 9th 2008, 2:07 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hi, look under Automotive dismantlers in the YP. There's bound to be someone who will take it free as they are worth $$$$$$$$$ broken up. Failing that ring your local council, they will take it or know someone who will remove it for nothing. Finally try your local speedway track..they have demolition derbies and I am sure they always need 'new' cars. Good luck. If I lived locally I'd take it away for you!!
Thanks mate I did look through google and tried a company called pick a part, its quite a good concept, you pay $1 entrance fee and you can take bits of a car off (with your own tools), no limit! In case anyone is interested, its nationwide. They said they'd take the car corpse, but I have to await their call back - not terribly hopeful! I can't imagine speedway wanting this piece of cr@p! Thanks again!
Old May 10th 2008, 1:03 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Thanks mate I did look through google and tried a company called pick a part, its quite a good concept, you pay $1 entrance fee and you can take bits of a car off (with your own tools), no limit! In case anyone is interested, its nationwide. They said they'd take the car corpse, but I have to await their call back - not terribly hopeful! I can't imagine speedway wanting this piece of cr@p! Thanks again!
Hi Yah,

Speedway has ended for the winter now. I can take th car over to pick a part for you if that helps, call me

If you do have it scrapped, keep the rego plates, you need these to cancel the registration otherwise you will still be liable for the rego fees on the car. If you sell/give it away to someone else, make sure you go with them to aa ot post shop and complete the change of ownership, otherwise again you are liable for rego fees.

Adie

Last edited by Jac&Adie; May 10th 2008 at 1:11 am. Reason: add more info