Getting my head around it all...

Getting my head around it all...

Old Jul 4th 2016, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

thisnaturaljourney is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Getting my head around it all...

Hey!

So...
feeling a little overwhelmed but slowly getting my head around it all.
My husband has been offered a job, we have sent off our police checks and we are travelling to London tomorrow for our medicals.
We are a family of 5 (2+3 children, 8,7 & 5) After we have a few more documents from the employer & the return of our police checks, I guess we can the Visa ball rolling? My husband will be applying for an Essential Skills Work Visa, mine would be a Partner of a worker work visa & the children, dependant child student visa.. I think I've got those correct?

My first question is, can we apply for the 5 visa's at the same time? or do we have to wait until my husbands has been approved to support ours?

Also... how much evidence is needed to prove our relationship? We have been inseparable for the last 18 years but we don't communicate through social media & most household bills are in my name...

Also I'd love any info about Christchurch & Sumner in particular, if anyone is local to that area.

Any tips on shipping companies?

When should we be booking flights? As soon as visa's are approved? We are hoping to arrive this September!

Thanks in advance xxx
Old Jul 4th 2016, 10:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my head around it all...

yes submit all as one application.
You do need to prove that you are in stable relationship, so council rate bill, joint bank account or named bank account coming to the same address. Holiday bookings, party invites, pictures together. kids and marriage certificate just doesn't cut it.

sorry you will have to wait for the ChCh guys for info on the area
Old Jul 4th 2016, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think the kids will prove relationship status, I woudnt worry about that
Old Jul 5th 2016, 12:03 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
We live in Chch Burnside near the Airport on TC1 land.

Technical Categories (TC1, TC2, TC3) | Lumley General Insurance (N.Z.) Limited

Have a read so you can get to grips with how the TC (Technical Category) will affect your property price.

Sumner is very nice and has a good beach but can get busy. From South New Brighton we have a beach that spreads North for ever and ever.
General rule of thumb West and NW of the city centre (Hagley park) was least effected and if the chimney stacks are still standing then you are in a least affected zone.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 1:19 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
I think the kids will prove relationship status, I woudnt worry about that
err nope they won't. the rules are very clear on that
Old Jul 5th 2016, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thisnaturaljourney
Hey!

Also... how much evidence is needed to prove our relationship? We have been inseparable for the last 18 years but we don't communicate through social media & most household bills are in my name...
Well, we've been married for 15 years (OH is a Kiwi) but we also didn't have much evidence to prove our relationship. We have separate bank accounts, haven't holidayed together for ages, not a selfie generation, so lack of joint photographs (or any photographs in fact), but we did send in recent bank statements, mortgage document (in our joint names), council tax bills + marriage certificate, kids birth certificates & recent email exchanges between us and also some from OH's sibling's saying how much they're looking forward to having us in NZ and my residence visa just got approved today.

INZ did get back to us to provide more evidence of our relationship over the last 12 months, so hubby explained we don't have that many photos of us together (but sent in some from when the kids were younger) + topped with the recent bills/bank statements coming to the same address (they weren't necessarily in both our names) + email exchanges and that seems to have satisfied them.

Concentrate on the last 12 months & if necessary start snapping those pics of BOTH of you together and send a few emails to each other.

HTH
Old Jul 5th 2016, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
err nope they won't. the rules are very clear on that
obviously not clear enough

Are you sure ??
This from the NZ immigration site

Evidence of a genuine and stable relationship between partners
To show your partnership is genuine and stable you'll need to present to us original or certified copies of certain documents.
These can include:
your marriage certificate
your civil union certifcate
birth certificates of any children you may have together
evidence of communication between you
photographs of you together
any documents that show your relationship is publicly recognised
any other evidence that shows you're committed to each other both emotionally and exclusively. This may include evidence of:
joint decision making
sharing of parental and household obligations and activities
sharing of companionship/spare time
sharing of leisure and social activities
evidence of being financially interdependence such as
shared income, joint bank accounts or joint assets or liabilities.

Last edited by Justcol; Jul 5th 2016 at 11:30 am.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 7:53 pm

yes bit thats not the only piece of evidence they require, you have to supply most of what is in that list, not just kids together or marriage cert. so yes very clear
Old Jul 6th 2016, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

We know a family that had immigration come back for more proof as marriage and birth certificates weren't sufficient. Pretty sure we gave too much, but better than them coming back to us at least
Old Jul 6th 2016, 1:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Are you sure ??
I'm sure Col.

Neither a marriage cert or having kids together is proof enough for NZIS of a current long term stable relationship .

The proof needs to be comprehensive.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Yip, in the eyes of Immigration, marriage and even having kids together doesn't sufficiently prove a loving and stable relationship for at least 12 months. Doesn't prove you both currently live together, share the family/household/financial responsibilities plus have a relationship, which is why they will only accept a combination of the evidence stated.

If they did accept just the marriage certificate and the kids birth certificates, divorced, separated or warring families would be eligible to apply. Immigration has to have a mechanism in place to stop people bending the rules.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

That's excellent advice... thank you so so much, I really appreciate it.
I'm beginning to gather as much evidence as I can to paint a picture of a 'relationship' with the guidelines you've all pointed out. I guess more the merrier too?!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
yes submit all as one application.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, that make more sense and means we won't be waiting double the time for the return of visa's
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

obviously not clear enough

Are you sure ??
This from the NZ immigration site

Evidence of a genuine and stable relationship between partners
To show your partnership is genuine and stable you'll need to present to us original or certified copies of certain documents.
These can include:
your marriage certificate
your civil union certifcate
birth certificates of any children you may have together
evidence of communication between you
photographs of you together
any documents that show your relationship is publicly recognised
any other evidence that shows you're committed to each other both emotionally and exclusively. This may include evidence of:
joint decision making
sharing of parental and household obligations and activities
sharing of companionship/spare time
sharing of leisure and social activities
evidence of being financially interdependence such as
shared income, joint bank accounts or joint assets or liabilities.
Thank you for the list! I'm on it! Phew!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Welcome
We live in Chch Burnside near the Airport on TC1 land.

Technical Categories (TC1, TC2, TC3) | Lumley General Insurance (N.Z.) Limited

Have a read so you can get to grips with how the TC (Technical Category) will affect your property price.

Sumner is very nice and has a good beach but can get busy. From South New Brighton we have a beach that spreads North for ever and ever.
General rule of thumb West and NW of the city centre (Hagley park) was least effected and if the chimney stacks are still standing then you are in a least affected zone.
Thank you for the link, I'll take a look... great advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.