Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

getting into nz permanently

getting into nz permanently

Old Nov 19th 2011, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

geroge_swift is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting into nz permanently

im a 47 year old accountant with alot of experience and im hoping to migrate to new zealand with my 2 children permanently. im look at the new zealand permanent residence visa, and this idea of a pool of visa applications seems to suggest im going to need alot of points, am i best off applying for jobs in NZ before i apply for my visa, so that i can say tht i have a job secured when applying, also would a company really be willing to wait the possible 3 months its going to take for a visa to get approved?
or is there a better way to get into NZ with my children for say 2 years and work there so that i can then jsut upgrade my visa to permanent resident?
Old Nov 19th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

hoover23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: getting into nz permanently

Geroge, hi? let me know how you get on. IM in a similar position. Im 49 Carpenter / joiner. If i find out anything useful il let you know.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by hoover23
Geroge, hi? let me know how you get on. IM in a similar position. Im 49 Carpenter / joiner. If i find out anything useful il let you know.
Hi we r currently in county durham and in one of our local papers they were advertising for ...plumbers , electricians, roofers , carpenter/joiners and alarm fitters ,,, for christchurch ....just a couple of days ago :-) hope this helps
Old Nov 19th 2011, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

hoover23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welshgeordie can you post a link to the advert here? That would be a great help for me. or post the contact details, phone numbers / Email address etc
Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:33 am
Just Joined

ive done the skill point test and i score 150 which is over the 100 needed but due to this pool system im wondering if its even worth submitting an eoi with this amount of points has any1 had any experience of wht points got them in?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 10:43 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Start off by explaining where the 150 points come from.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Welshgeordie can you post a link to the advert here? That would be a great help for me. or post the contact details, phone numbers / Email address etc
Thanks
Hi just checked with oh which paper the advert was in ...it was in Thursdays Sun paper........We think maybe this is a link to it also ... www.migrationassociates.co.nz
Good luck :-)
Old Nov 20th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by geroge_swift
ive done the skill point test and i score 150 which is over the 100 needed but due to this pool system im wondering if its even worth submitting an eoi with this amount of points has any1 had any experience of wht points got them in?
Hiya,

We applied with 150 points and were automatically picked from the pool and asked for the ITA. Neither my OH or I had jobs (and still don't) but we still got through the process, if you look at my signature it will give you an idea of our timeline. To be fair it did help the my OH is in IT and that is on the Skill shortage list.

We're just waiting till we sell the house then will be over - have till October 2012 to land so just waiting for house. We're not worrying bout jobs till we have a date of arrival then OH will start applying giving dates of arrival for possible interviews.

I'd go for it as long as your points are accurate there will be no problem for the pool - if I remember rightly over 140 is an automatic selection. HOpe this helps.

Good luck Laura
Old Nov 20th 2011, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

laura your post has literally made my year, ill be filling in my eoi tommorow and will keep you posted on my progress
Old Nov 20th 2011, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future

laura your post has literally made my year, ill be filling in my eoi tommorow and will keep you posted on my progress
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there.

I'm not sure how you've got to 150 points as Accountant, age 47, without an NZ job offer.

What's the breakdown of the points out of interest please?

As stated 140 points is an automatic pull from the EOI pool. After that the application goes for further checking and scrutiny.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think this will be about the CESB drive mentioned in another thread which I've stuck to the top of the forum for a wee while. - click links.