Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Getting Documents Together!

Getting Documents Together!

Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all
Default Getting Documents Together!

Hi all! Can anyone offer any words of wisdom?

My husband and I have an EOI in the pool and I was wondering if anybody can offer any advice regarding the documents that we will need to get together if/when (I hope) we get selected from the pool. I know they will send us a list at that point but was hoping if I could get a rough idea in advance I may be able to start getting things sorted without tempting fate!!

So if anyone can let me know the kinds of things required in any detail that would be great. For example do you need education certificates as far back as GCSEs?? Do you have to send off originals or will photocopies do? I am guessing originals but thought I would check. Also I have read something about letters from employers - what exactly does that entail and is it all previous employers you have listed as your work experience??

Your offerings would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Amy
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Documents Together!

Originally Posted by DiffordA

My husband and I have an EOI in the pool and I was wondering if anybody can offer any advice regarding the documents that we will need to get together if/when (I hope) we get selected from the pool. I know they will send us a list at that point but was hoping if I could get a rough idea in advance I may be able to start getting things sorted without tempting fate!!

So if anyone can let me know the kinds of things required in any detail that would be great. For example do you need education certificates as far back as GCSEs?? Do you have to send off originals or will photocopies do? I am guessing originals but thought I would check. Also I have read something about letters from employers - what exactly does that entail and is it all previous employers you have listed as your work experience??

Amy
Hi Amy,
we needed full passports for all the family, 2 colour passport photos for each applicant (then another 3 each for medicals) full birth certificates (long version showing parents names),marriage certificate, evidence to show that we are living together in a "genuine and stable" relationaship for at least 12 months (no they wouldn't view the kids as evidence!) we used joint bank account statements, photocopies of driving licenses. We also had to give confirmation of employment from our employers on official letter headed paper including start and finish dates and job titles and our nursing certificates and CMB (police) certificates. All except drivers licenses had to be originals or certified by a solicitor. If you don't want your current employer to know of your plans your P60, offer of employment letter and most recent payslip will do.

Good idea to start preparing - we got bogged down and forgot to send off for some of our nursing documentation which may delay our registration (we're going anyway!). It is a paper chase but it will be worth it in the end (we hope).

Good luck,
Donna
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hi Amy,
we needed full passports for all the family, 2 colour passport photos for each applicant (then another 3 each for medicals) full birth certificates (long version showing parents names),marriage certificate, evidence to show that we are living together in a "genuine and stable" relationaship for at least 12 months (no they wouldn't view the kids as evidence!) we used joint bank account statements, photocopies of driving licenses. We also had to give confirmation of employment from our employers on official letter headed paper including start and finish dates and job titles and our nursing certificates and CMB (police) certificates. All except drivers licenses had to be originals or certified by a solicitor. If you don't want your current employer to know of your plans your P60, offer of employment letter and most recent payslip will do.

Good idea to start preparing - we got bogged down and forgot to send off for some of our nursing documentation which may delay our registration (we're going anyway!). It is a paper chase but it will be worth it in the end (we hope).

Good luck,
Donna
Donna

Thanks very much for your help, this is a great start and we have no excuses now not to begin getting things together. Could I just clarify though, is it just your current employer that you need a letter/P60 etc from or all of those you have listed as your woek experience? The second of these options would mean some considerable organisation, possibly even time travel!!

Thanks again for your help and good luck with finalising all your plans! Have a drink for us when you get there as it will all be worth it!

Amy
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Amy
we also sent things to prove that we had been in a relationship such as holiday itineraries, copies of car insurance which shows both names, also council tax bill plus gas and electricity bills that show both names, basically anything that shows that you are in a long term relationship.

Also had to send of certified copy of both mine and hubbys passport

Didnt have a job as was going under partnership visa
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Donna

Thanks very much for your help, this is a great start and we have no excuses now not to begin getting things together. Could I just clarify though, is it just your current employer that you need a letter/P60 etc from or all of those you have listed as your woek experience? The second of these options would mean some considerable organisation, possibly even time travel!!

Thanks again for your help and good luck with finalising all your plans! Have a drink for us when you get there as it will all be worth it!

Amy
Hello mate. All we were asked for was current employer,on headed paper.Danny
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Donna

Amy
Feels like I'm butting in on a conversation here, but if it's any help I'm looking at our residence app now and it says 'Original or certified copies of Work References that confirm the number of years work experience as claimed in your eoi .' These have to show start and finish dates, role held and average weekly hours worked. So I guess if the only work experience you've listed on your EOI is that which you've got with your current employer, then that's all you need. Hope this helps - and I need to get a few posts up to stop being a Junior Member, makes me feel like I'm starting secondary school again! Steve
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice folks. I guess I will have to wait till we are selected to be sure but if I make a start now it should make things a bit easier. Unfortunately one of the companies I listed as work experience no longer exists so that could be a problem. I'm pretty sure I have my P45 from there though so that might be enough!

Lots of positive thoughts for us tonight please as the next pool selection is at 1pm NZ time Wednesday (by my reckoning 1am tonight our time) so keep fingers and toes crossed pleeeease!! Good luck to everyone else in the same situation!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice folks. I guess I will have to wait till we are selected to be sure but if I make a start now it should make things a bit easier. Unfortunately one of the companies I listed as work experience no longer exists so that could be a problem. I'm pretty sure I have my P45 from there though so that might be enough!

Lots of positive thoughts for us tonight please as the next pool selection is at 1pm NZ time Wednesday (by my reckoning 1am tonight our time) so keep fingers and toes crossed pleeeease!! Good luck to everyone else in the same situation!!

good luck
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poppets
good luck
Thanks! Will be off to work with a hangover the following day if the news is good. Maybe still under the influence if I'm honest, resignation letter in hand!! Just kidding, still a long way to go till that point!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We sent in some photos of us together and with family. Good luck with your application.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
We sent in some photos of us together and with family. Good luck with your application.
Good tip! Thanks Sarah!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amy
is it really 1am nz time ?ok - 11 hour time difference- thats midnight?! I might stay up for that or better still son is always up then I'll get him to check it and wake me.
Although with 110 points I'm trying not to build hopes up.- failing there atm
Helinuk
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Hi Amy
is it really 1am nz time ?ok - 11 hour time difference- thats midnight?! I might stay up for that or better still son is always up then I'll get him to check it and wake me.
Helinuk
No its quarter to 11 at night.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helinuk
Hi Amy
Helinuk
Hi there!

Yeah I heard it was gonna be 1pm NZ time but I am confused about the time difference now, I thought it was 12 hours . Either way no chance of me staying up, with the signs of a cold well on its way I had to go to bed at 8.30 last night - quite pathetic I know!! We only have 105 points so like you we are keeping a level head about it and not expecting much but trying to remain positive whilst bombarding NZ with job applications! Catch 22 at the moment but we will get there in the end.

Good Luck for tonight!!

Amy
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
No its quarter to 11 at night.
LOL sarah- we know its that time NOW -
(we were talking about when NZIS release EOI results-LOL)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.