Getting Credit

Old Dec 29th 2015, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

StandingUpForTheUlstermen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting Credit

Hey guys and merry Christmas

I got an email on Christmas Eve to say my visa has been accepted but I need to pay the silly levy fee.

We are looking to book our flight in the next few weeks. And hoping to arrive late February.

I'm just wondering how long it till for everyone to get credit, phone contracts and car finance or even a mortgage.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Credit

We got an NZ credit card ($5k limit) and a mobile contract each within the first month very easily. Didn't need any finance as we had the cash to buy a couple of cars.We did enter into contracts for car insurance, contents insurance, gas, electricity, sky tv, vodaphone fixed line and broadband etc and these are all finance agreements as they are monthly direct debit payments over the year.Also didn't have any problems getting a short term or long term rental property.
All probably due to the fact that I had a very good permanent job ?
Old Dec 29th 2015, 8:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Credit

none of that should be a problem if you can prove a permanent job. MrF had secured an offer in principal for a mortgage within the first two months of him being here, whilst myself and the kids were still in the UK.
Credit cards do come with a yearly fee, unless you are lucky, phones on contract so same as UK, finance for car will be contract so legally binding.
all very simple and no one has ever asked us about previous loans or mortgages we may of had in the UK.