British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Getting closer to moving day (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/getting-closer-moving-day-908308/)

doyley Jan 23rd 2018 6:08 am

Getting closer to moving day

Only a medical (how bloody much) and police report to add to visa application now.

What’s the best and worst bit about being there, and as I’ll be out on my birthday own for the first 2 months, where the best golf courses near Hobsonville?

Bo-Jangles Jan 23rd 2018 6:28 am

Re: Getting closer to moving day

Originally Posted by doyley (Post 12425169)
where the best golf courses near Hobsonville?

You should probably lower your expectations as a first off - it's not like you're exactly going to be inundated with choice nearby and will have travel a bit to find one . Google Maps is a wonderful thing.

Justcol Jan 23rd 2018 8:12 am

Don't forget your factor 50, the sun can be vicious down here

A Rush And A Push Jan 23rd 2018 8:26 am

My other half rates Redwood Park golf course in Swanson.

doyley Jan 23rd 2018 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 12425177)
You should probably lower your expectations as a first off - it's not like you're exactly going to be inundated with choice nearby and will have travel a bit to find one . Google Maps is a wonderful thing.

I've heard there's some fantastic courses, to be fair google maps doesn't tell me if they're any good.

garethwm Jan 23rd 2018 1:05 pm

Tons of golf courses but not so many around Hobsonville. Maybe Huapai is closest. About 15-20 mins away. You will rarely be much further than that from a course somewhere. Some of the country courses have sheep for fairway mowers and an honesty box for a 10 to $15 Green fee and you will often be the only group on the course Green fee for Huapai non member $47. Theres one at the air force base which is closer but you have to be a member to play it. Huapai has a 4.3 out of 5 rating. RNZAF course 4.9. Good golfing. If you want to join the RNZAF club you can be there maybe 5 minutes from Hobsonville at a guess.

Justcol Jan 23rd 2018 6:46 pm

There's a course at Gulf Barbour where Lidia Cho was a member
and another at Devonport where my sister in law, who ran the North Shore ladies team had a Golf shop.

I don't play but I believe both are good courses

Stuck in Auckland Jan 24th 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by doyley (Post 12425265)
I've heard there's some fantastic courses, to be fair google maps doesn't tell me if they're any good.

I used to run a BE Melbourne Golf Club

Part of the fun was trying new courses

Some were only once:sneaky:

The QLD was dependent on danger rating more than Golf (rating per number of crocs and average estimated length):unsure:

Perhaps an Auckland get together?

Always loads of fun at my expense:eek: