Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Get me out this god damn country !!!!!

Get me out this god damn country !!!!!

Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Get me out this god damn country !!!!!

I seriously don't know what the f*** this country has come to ..... I had to read this a few times !!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...6/nstab116.xml

Sorry for my language but you'll understand (I hope!)

Michelle x
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:23 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice
Default Re: Get me out this god damn country !!!!!

OMG - its getting worse. Can't wait to get out PLEASE someone buy my house
Old Mar 17th 2007, 11:38 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I seriously don't know what the f*** this country has come to ..... I had to read this a few times !!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...6/nstab116.xml

Sorry for my language but you'll understand (I hope!)

Michelle x
OMG that's just terrible, not a day goes by without hearing of a stabbing or a murder...they're just getting younger and younger

when will it end????
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:02 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Poor little boy, wonder what drove him to doing such a terrible thing
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

My little fella is 7, yesterday we saw a policeman wearing a stab vest, he asked "what's stab"?

What an awful story.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

That was at the bottom of our street!! That's by where we used to live.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
That was at the bottom of our street!! That's by where we used to live.
Bet you're glad you're out.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 11:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Poor little boy, wonder what drove him to doing such a terrible thing

Seems like this happened during a fight between his mother and another woman in the Child's house.

Looks like he was trying to protect his mother in his own way.

Still....don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

After all we know that there is never any domestic violence in NZ households don't we?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:06 pm

JakeG is on a distinguished road

The story which has a link just under the headline about a 16 year old stabbed to death is much more worrying

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../16/nmob16.xml

much as this sort of story makes us want to move all the sooner, I bet things aren't any better in NZ (before anyone jumps all over this - I am heading to NZ too.)

I have had a good old trawl through http://www.nationmaster.com/ and have come to the conclusion that GB is probably statistically very slightly safer than both Oz and NZ but it depends on exactly where you are in those countries. There is a world of difference between somewhere like Hackney, London and a little village in Kent or Mosside, Manchester and a village out in the Lake District. Just as there is a big difference between some of the rougher parts of Auckland (where I am pretty sure no one is heading) and somewhere like Waiheke Island (which is where I want to go )

I remember when I was last in NZ (about 2 years ago) that was a lot of teenage violence including stabbings and at least one murder down in the Napier/Hastings area. IMHO some parents are far too lax with their kids and a bit more discipline would go a long way towards preventing this sort of thing.

It's a real shame when parents looking for schools now have to consider whether or not the school is safe as the first question. It would seem knife carrying is endemic in schools and this again is surely something parents should be responsible for. When I was kid I would have had beating for doing something like that and rightly so. edit ( for taking a knife to school - or anywhere for that matter)

Anyway I could ramble/rant on forever but I'm not going to Good Luck to anyone trying to make a better life in NZ, I'm not taking anything away from it.

Last edited by JakeG; Mar 18th 2007 at 12:09 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

What is it all coming to Eh !!

I work on a hospital switchboard and Saturday morning recieved a call from a young girl who thought her boyfriend might have been admitted as she'd heard he had been stabbed, i put her through to the A + E department to find out, a while later i had another woman on the line who was obviously distraught it was the young girls mother they had been told the boyfriend had been stabbed in the head and had died.The screams on the other end of the phone sent a chill down my spine........In the local paper it said the Lad had been stabbed and seven youths had been arrested....

Every time you open a paper there seems to be stabbings and shootings

shell
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

The big stories from NZ news in the last few months :-

1. there was a gun rampage through Lower Hutt , shooting and stabbing people at random, police eventually shot him and he had to have his leg amputated. Despite being violent in prison , was given early parole

2. The former Auckland police chief, was found to have participated in a gang rape of teenage girl, now wants his job back after being found not guilty , "she consented" . constables must resign if they have affairs, "for conduct unbecoming"

NZ is much safer but there are evil people everywhere !
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Tragic, the only surprising thing about it is how young this boy is.
Debbie
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

nzyorkshireman will become famous soon enoughnzyorkshireman will become famous soon enough

After all we know that there is never any domestic violence in NZ households don't we?[/QUOTE]

Greetings All

Sadly we have a high domestic assault rates here in NZ...if you want to watch a as close to "this is how some new zealand families live" ....I suggest you look for a dvd or video called "once were Warriors" I sat down to watch it once and could not bring myself to seeing to the end