Genesis

Old Oct 29th 2014, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Genesis

Just wondered whatever happened to him?
Old Oct 29th 2014, 1:42 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Genesis

became a foreign exchange dealer.........
Old Oct 29th 2014, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I remember his fixation on the exchange rate, just wondered where he'd gone as he was quite prolific and contributed quite a lot, yes especially exchange rate thinking!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 3:31 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I think he packed in BE to concentrate on real life. It happens sometimes.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Yes I remember his fixation on the exchange rate,
And pension transfers.

Seem to remember him saying the 2:1 rate was a flash in the pan

meanwhile 3 years later in New Zealand

Hope he just buys and sells and not predicts because I wouldnt take any advice from him
replying to his threads was like

Last edited by Justcol; Oct 29th 2014 at 4:23 am.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Genesis

Hope he invested in the Genesis IPO. Had his name all over it.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall I annoyed him with my views on Hanover Finance. He lost quite a lot on Hanover and expected the FMA or similar to bail him out.

But then < erm snippety snip > what would I know? ;-)

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 29th 2014 at 7:01 am. Reason: Let's not revisit that which was kiboshed somewhere else. Cheery.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I did wonder if the key word 'Hanover' had raised this. Mind you I'm not sure why the word Hanover was raised at all really.

I can try and ping him via a BE email if you all like. That way at least he gets to respond to this for himself. Seems a fair way to go really, if you are to discuss him, his circumstances and his posts openly like this.

1 - If you wish to discuss shonky practices here , then perhaps a new thread is in order. For shonky is definitely out there and we are not all gurus on this. We rely on advice. Shonky advice.

2 - The rules on taxation on overseas ( read that as UK) pensions was not at all clear and misinterpreted by NZs own advisors. Hence the changes & the retrospective taxation which has badly hit many who thought they had saved for retirement in a sensible fashion.

meanwhile.......

3 - For fairness within all investments and due diligence to the country as a whole regarding fair taxation and investment practices - Start with Capital Gains Tax on property.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
I think he packed in BE to concentrate on real life. It happens sometimes.
One of those lucky buggers huh
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I did wonder if the key word 'Hanover' had raised this. Mind you I'm not sure why the word Hanover was raised at all really.

I can try and ping him via a BE email if you all like. That way at least he gets to respond to this for himself. Seems a fair way to go really, if you are to discuss him, his circumstances and his posts openly like this.

1 - If you wish to discuss shonky practices here , then perhaps a new thread is in order. For shonky is definitely out there and we are not all gurus on this. We rely on advice. Shonky advice.

2 - The rules on taxation on overseas ( read that as UK) pensions was not at all clear and misinterpreted by NZs own advisors. Hence the changes & the retrospective taxation which has badly hit many who thought they had saved for retirement in a sensible fashion.
meanwhile.......

3 - For fairness within all investments and due diligence to the country as a whole regarding fair taxation and investment practices - Start with Capital Gains Tax on property.
The Hanover thing was my fault - sorry! I was trying to draw a similarity between those who make ill-advised decisions, be they investment or immigration decisions. With Hanover, there was much hand-wringing and ranting at NZ regulations, although the risks were spelt out.

Pensions are a whole other debate - not sure I have the strength, tbh...
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK. Just so you know. I am uncomfortable with this. He is being discussed without being here. I have pinged him via a BE email. He may not pick it up but at least I have tried to let him know his stuff is being discussed without him being present.

Edit
ps

Please don't think I am not pleased to see you here TR. I think we need more of you here on this NZ BE. It is just I am uncomfortable with Genesis being discussed like this without him being here. If he does not respond to the ping , then fine.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 29th 2014 at 7:40 am.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

My apologies BEVS, I do understand and should have thought, I actually miss his contribution especially with some of the trolling on here lately
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:40 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

He was a decent forum user; wore his heart on his sleeve, said it like he saw it and tried to see the best in his life here even when he was dealt some hard knocks. I think he was a little older than me so his preoccupation with the exchange rate and the sad loss of the money he had invested was quite understandable, to me. I'd like to see him back posting here; I often wonder if he's still snug in his renovated house.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:29 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

He was seriously considering buying another house and renting out his existing house (spa pool, view of the hills etc etc). Living in Palmerston North, enjoying looking at Palmerston North's surrounding country side.

Or not.

Or chucking it all in and returning to Britain. Or not.

I think he made some changes in his life and it was time to cut loose from BE.

He won't be the first or the only person to do that.