Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A general question for british expats

A general question for british expats

Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A general question for british expats

Originally Posted by luvwelly
NZ is not wildly hotter than UK. You will likely have a cold damp house and it will make her worse. How would you qualify to come anyway given her age?
Again this depends on where in the UK you are from, the weather here for us is wildly hotter than what we were used to in scotland

we have been lucky to never have had a damp house both rental and built, but most of them are and could be bad for her artharitis, i waswondering the same thing, if sheisthat old how would she be able to get over here?
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:10 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be under 55 to apply under the SMC
Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:27 am
Just Joined

gocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nice

The heat will ease her arthritis etc.

I think you've made a mistake.
This is the N.Z. forum not the Australian one.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

SweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really nice

Originally Posted by luvwelly
NZ is not wildly hotter than UK. You will likely have a cold damp house and it will make her worse. How would you qualify to come anyway given her age?
Get under my dads visa.

Stacey
Old Sep 21st 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SweetyStacey
A question that my mum would like to put to you all....for those of you who have made the move to new zealand...do any of you regret it in any way?

I have read articles on other websites that born and bred kiwis have attempted to live in the UK and have moved back to NZ they miss it that much.

Stacey
Heck YES!! I wish I'd never heard of the feckless place biggest mistake of my life moving there, cost me thousands it did. Fortunately I managed to suss out Australia before I came back to Britain and was blown away by how modern and forward thinking it is, it was like being a kid in a candy store . As soon as my visa comes through I'll be off there.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:02 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiri
As soon as my visa comes through I'll be off there.
Really! I´m surprised you´ve not mentioned that before
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:08 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SweetyStacey
A question that my mum would like to put to you all....for those of you who have made the move to new zealand...do any of you regret it in any way?

I have read articles on other websites that born and bred kiwis have attempted to live in the UK and have moved back to NZ they miss it that much.

Stacey
Nope!!!! never regret things in life
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi
well said
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tiri
Heck YES!! I wish I'd never heard of the feckless place biggest mistake of my life moving there, cost me thousands it did. Fortunately I managed to suss out Australia before I came back to Britain and was blown away by how modern and forward thinking it is, it was like being a kid in a candy store . As soon as my visa comes through I'll be off there.
If I had known what it was going to be like I would never have come here. Unfortunately we are in the minority in the world of actually having heard of NZ or even knowing where it is.
Same idea too that perhaps Oz may be for us instead of just heading back to the UK. I think Australia will be the place of the future. Could be years ahead but when Europe is in a complete mess and the USA is on the decline, my kids and their kids could well be better of 'Down Under'. Could be wrong ...I'm not always right
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

tiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the roughtiri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by simonsi
So you noticed ?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking west to Oz aswell, dont know if i'll ever go but it has to be considered.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:26 am

nothing has changed on Brit expats then the usual moaning...lol
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:51 am
Just Joined

gocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
it's just cos it's winter. we'll all cheer up during our 3 week long summer.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by love30stm
It's what we do best
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:13 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gocebe
it's just cos it's winter. we'll all cheer up during our 3 week long summer.
N.Z. is like a big Amish community in some respects.

everyone is related.

Your post! Are you related to tiri?