Reload this Page >

General jiob prospects

General jiob prospects

Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

rugbydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General jiob prospects

Dear all...

First post so I'm hoping for some positive replies!!

My wife and I have completed all our forms and are waiting for the London branch of NZIS to work their way through to us!

My question is this...i have a degree and masters degree in Sports management and have managed to cram in a fairly work intensive 13 years and am currently the CEO of a small sports company.
I would state that I have good general management that could be applied to most public areas, but it seems to me that the jobs that are numerous in NZ are very hands-on tradesemen type positions.

Would anyone be able to tell me how the general management job market is looking in NZ, and maybe more specifically in Tauranga?

Thanks in advance of anyone who can offer any guidance.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: General jiob prospects

Originally Posted by rugbydragon
Dear all...

My wife and I have completed all our forms and are waiting for the London branch of NZIS to work their way through to us!

My question is this...i have a degree and masters degree in Sports management and have managed to cram in a fairly work intensive 13 years and am currently the CEO of a small sports company.
I would state that I have good general management that could be applied to most public areas, but it seems to me that the jobs that are numerous in NZ are very hands-on tradesemen type positions.

Would anyone be able to tell me how the general management job market is looking in NZ, and maybe more specifically in Tauranga?

Sorry cant help you too much, but NZ is a very sporty country, so there should be jobs in the sporting industry around. Have a look on seek.co.nz to see if there are jobs being advertised in your sort of area. I think if you are prepared for the fact that you may have to take a step or two back on the career ladder and work your way up again you should be able to get yourself sorted ok.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:26 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Try getting hold of the NZ herald on a Wednesday it has a jobs pull out that has higher end roles that may be of use. Some of the Govt agencies might also be an option especially with your recreational type background. If is was sports science type stuff or activity centre management rather than retail there might be more opportunities.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice
Smile Re: General jiob prospects

Dear all...

Hi Have you looked on www.sportbop.co.nz in the employment section it has some links to websites with sport vacancies
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Dear all...

Have a look on www.stuff.co.nz in the Jobstuff section - think Rugby League and Softball were looking for executive officers. Croquet New Zealand has just appointed an executive director - he can be contacted on [email protected] and would no doubt give you some NZ advice. There is the NZ Institute of Sport in Wellington who might also be helpful : [email protected]