Reload this Page >

General electrician work experience letter

General electrician work experience letter

Old May 21st 2012, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

simonmoon99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General electrician work experience letter

Hey guys... me again!
I am just putting finishing touches to my registration now and was just wondering if anyone has a sample letter of what they put down for there work experience... for example at the moment I have alot of.... installed twin and earth 2.5 cable... installed steel conduit with saddles etc.... Just would like to see some other examples of how people have made this into a slightly interesting piece of writing rather than an incredibly boring list... I am after trying to WOW this ewrb agent after all!
Old May 21st 2012, 10:56 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General electrician work experience letter

Originally Posted by simonmoon99
Hey guys... me again!
I am just putting finishing touches to my registration now and was just wondering if anyone has a sample letter of what they put down for there work experience... for example at the moment I have alot of.... installed twin and earth 2.5 cable... installed steel conduit with saddles etc.... Just would like to see some other examples of how people have made this into a slightly interesting piece of writing rather than an incredibly boring list... I am after trying to WOW this ewrb agent after all!
How about attaching this to it and saying'I guarantee I wont do anything like this'General electrician work experience letter-16052012505.jpgThis was off a job I had to fix up last week.
Old May 21st 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute

Just send them your full work CV with all the differing types of cable tools install methods on, go deep, describe jobs you have done from start to finish. I don't think thete is a sample letter, as all sparks will have different experience.
Old May 21st 2012, 7:52 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

There's no such beast as a sample letter.

Don't make the same mistake as I made and assume that just because you are writing to the registration board that they have any 'actual' knowledge about anything electrical

Don't write about your work experience as if you were writing to another sparky, write it as if you were explaining it to your nana

Mention all the methods used, all the tables used, tools used, the cable used, the tests made, the records kept, when your scratch your arse (well perhaps not that), but you get the picture.

remember more is best here and best of luck
Old May 21st 2012, 9:01 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
How about attaching this to it and saying'I guarantee I wont do anything like this'Attachment 106805This was off a job I had to fix up last week.
Master electrician work no doubt
Old May 21st 2012, 10:19 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
Master electrician work no doubt
for sure
Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Conor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really niceConor79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ukecadet
How about attaching this to it and saying'I guarantee I wont do anything like this'Attachment 106805This was off a job I had to fix up last week.
What's wrong with that? Have they used the wrong cable?
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:50 pm
Who loves you, baby?

Originally Posted by Conor79
What's wrong with that? Have they used the wrong cable?
you'll so fit in here