Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

General Election NZ

General Election NZ

Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Election NZ

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I expect that's likely true.

Strange the way media are portraying the Maori partys demise, did they genuinely expect to be able to face constituents in some of the lowest income communities in New Zealand after a confidence and supply agreement with National? They made their bed in 2014...
Simple to say that, but weren't they the last cab off the rank for Helen Clark? There's a limited amount anyone can achieve from being permanently on the opposition benches.

And similarly it's not only National partners in government that have been caned in future elections, where are Labour's partners from the first of Clark's 3 terms, and NZ First were out of Parliament in 2008 after supporting Helen Clark.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: General Election NZ

National/Greens coalition? I mean if they are willing to overlook the fact they have completely different political ideologies and electoral bases...perhaps the Greens prefer a poison chalice...

Remember it's not too late to back me for dictator in a coup d'état to overthrow the "elected" (whatever that now means) government. Those who support the cause will be 'heroes of the revolution' and bright careers in olive drab await you.

Do I promise to be fair? - No.
Will I improve the country? - No. Well not intentionally any way.
Will you be able to feed you children anything but rice and beans? - No. No more meal time fights about what to have for dinner.
Will there be petrol for the car? - No.
Will I still have to go to work 5 days a week? - No, there won't be enough electricity for that.
Will your bicycle have gears? - No but cycling and liking posts on RevolutionistaBook will be allowed (thumbs up only for state media! )
Cucumbers? Summer - yes, winter - no (status quo maintained there.)
Will everyone get a ration card for 20 free cigarettes a day and two litres of rum? - Yes but only half for children under 12.
Will we be better looking? - Only if cycling every day, eating a low calorie diet, eating what you grow and the opposite sex being quite drunk makes you better looking...
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

National/Greens coalition? I mean if they are willing to overlook the fact they have completely different political ideologies and electoral bases...perhaps the Greens prefer a poison chalice...

Remember it's not too late to back me for dictator in a coup d'état to overthrow the "elected" (whatever that now means) government. Those who support the cause will be 'heroes of the revolution' and bright careers in olive drab await you.

Do I promise to be fair? - No.
Will I improve the country? - No. Well not intentionally any way.
Will you be able to feed you children anything but rice and beans? - No. No more meal time fights about what to have for dinner.
Will there be petrol for the car? - No.
Will I still have to go to work 5 days a week? - No, there won't be enough electricity for that.
Will your bicycle have gears? - No but cycling and liking posts on RevolutionistaBook will be allowed (thumbs up only for state media! )
Cucumbers? Summer - yes, winter - no (status quo maintained there.)
Will everyone get a ration card for 20 free cigarettes a day and two litres of rum? - Yes but only half for children under 12.
Will we be better looking? - Only if cycling every day, eating a low calorie diet, eating what you grow and the opposite sex being quite drunk makes you better looking...
You make it all sound so very tempting, so I'm in
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: General Election NZ

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
You make it all sound so very tempting, so I'm in
Sorry I have to pull out. I've been instructed that the gardens need tidying before any revolution can take place. We will have to postpone our October revolution to May or June (weather permitting.)
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I have to pull out. I've been instructed that the gardens need tidying before any revolution can take place. We will have to postpone our October revolution to May or June (weather permitting.)
Well that's a shame but I shall twiddle my thumbs until then. Happy bush trimming
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:17 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Special votes counted National lose two seats one going to Labour and one to Green. Overall still leaves Winston to pick the next government.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's getting tiresome now; we could have saved a whole lot of time and effort and just asked Winston to decide or pull the name out a hat weeks ago.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Well NZ First are supposedly announcing who they are going with tomorrow afternoon. 50/50 guess, but reckon they'll go with Labour and the Red/Greens.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Well NZ First are supposedly announcing who they are going with tomorrow afternoon. 50/50 guess, but reckon they'll go with Labour and the Red/Greens.
Unfortunately, I think you may be right
Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Either way as long as this is "peak Winnie" I'll be happy to not see his smug mug again soon.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It's getting tiresome now; we could have saved a whole lot of time and effort and just asked Winston to decide or pull the name out a hat weeks ago.
Yup.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
What was the outcome?

I must have missed it.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Clappy
What was the outcome?
Triple Choc, easiest choice I ever made.

Last edited by Charismatic; Oct 19th 2017 at 5:22 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Not having a clue about the political landscape of this fair country I’d be interested to know thoughts on how bollocksed we would be as new residents with whoever gets in
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the posts on my social media feeds - my right-wing friends are upset and my left-wing friends are ecstatic.

So there must have been an announcement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.