Reload this Page >

General Election NZ

General Election NZ

Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: General Election NZ

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Why not campaign on something more popular?
- Radio New Zealand to get funding so they can play chilled rock (Riders of the Storm and such) back to back while you drive home on a Friday evening.
- Spot fines in cinemas for anyone using a mobile telephone during a filum after the bit where the lion roars.
- All official correspondence between New Zealand and Trumps white house to start out with the assertion that American chemtrails are turning the frogs gay and be written in comic sans font.
That might do it. Just.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Gareth Morgan doesn't know anyone in the medical field, specifically obstetrics and gynecology. Otherwise he'd know TOP is an abbreviation of "Termination of Pregnancy" but glad to see he's in favour of abortion. Mind you he does seem to like killing things, cats in particular so we shouldn't be surprised
Old Sep 17th 2017, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Can't decide between Labour or Nats. The first will weaken the $ (already happening) thus increasing my (UK) income, while the latter will reduce taxes. Perhaps ACT to reflect my neo-economic tendencies (hi locarb).
Old Sep 17th 2017, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Vote done and dusted early. Wouldn't trust any party as far as I could throw them to make good on any promise they have stated in the lead up to this election, but I feel a change is in order so for me National have to go
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: General Election NZ

Reporting of the election is becoming very shallow and one dimensional now. It’s popular social issues, domestic social issue and more bloody social issues. What about other important areas of government like the military and security services, law and order, foreign policy, public servants etc?

Having policies around housing and not raising taxes is fine but actually those things are just a very small part of a governments duties. I think it may even be safe to have a third or fourth policy without confusing voters!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Another wild poll today, the One News poll consistent I with the recent 3 News poll, this giving National a decent lead, though still needing NZ First.

However given that apparently over 1 million have apparently already voted now, the most extensive poll is thankfully secret, though if these results are apparently ready to be announced when polls close, it suggest that someone must be aware of those results to date. Thankfully they're still secret though.

Jacinda Ardern has fought an impressive campaign, but it would be concerning if she was PM on Saturday with a Greens coalition. There's definitely a lack of experience, plenty of vision but no clear policies, just generation change, no shortage of captain's calls, and almost another tonight to spend $300m on a second fuel pipeline, pipeline tax anyone?
Quick to blame the National govt on the latter re: fuel issues, yet Labour rec'd the same survey results in 2005 and ignored things. At the end of the day though, it's not the govt, it's private issue and the fuel companies, they certainly make enough profit.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Another wild poll today, the One News poll consistent I with the recent 3 News poll, this giving National a decent lead, though still needing NZ First.

However given that apparently over 1 million have apparently already voted now, the most extensive poll is thankfully secret, though if these results are apparently ready to be announced when polls close, it suggest that someone must be aware of those results to date. Thankfully they're still secret though.

Jacinda Ardern has fought an impressive campaign, but it would be concerning if she was PM on Saturday with a Greens coalition. There's definitely a lack of experience, plenty of vision but no clear policies, just generation change, no shortage of captain's calls, and almost another tonight to spend $300m on a second fuel pipeline, pipeline tax anyone?
Quick to blame the National govt on the latter re: fuel issues, yet Labour rec'd the same survey results in 2005 and ignored things. At the end of the day though, it's not the govt, it's private issue and the fuel companies, they certainly make enough profit.
To correct myself I think it's 800,000 voted to date though likely to be 1 mil by election day. Also these votes aren't counted until from 9am on Saturday. Still think it's wrong opening the polls for so long in advance of election day.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Well hope everyone has taken the chance to exercise your right and voted.

I was aghast on viewing one of the news channels last night when they were interviewing people in Auckland and Wellington and the amount of young eligible people saying they had no intention of voting.

How can we get the younger generations more engaged to vote needs to be looked at?
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:00 pm
`

Reporting of the election is becoming very shallow and one dimensional now. It’s popular social issues, domestic social issue and more bloody social issues. What about other important areas of government like the military and security services, law and order, foreign policy, public servants etc?

Having policies around housing and not raising taxes is fine but actually those things are just a very small part of a governments duties. I think it may even be safe to have a third or fourth policy without confusing voters!
I know *sigh*

Me and him voted before the weekend.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

How can we get the younger generations more engaged to vote needs to be looked at?
Some technology and other means of voting that doesn't require you to go out of your way and rock up at some stuff old school gym and be 'greeted' by Darby and Joan type officials. They had a pooling booth in our local mall and that was doing a roaring trade through the week with massive queues. So I say they should put more booths where younger people hang out or provide an app so that folks can vote with their phone.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

So looking like Winston Peters/NZF will hold the balance of seats, will probably go with National but might be given pause for thought given the fate of Maori and Act. Playing a supporting act can be crushing if you thrive on differentiation.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 7:21 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Some technology and other means of voting that doesn't require you to go out of your way and rock up at some stuff old school gym and be 'greeted' by Darby and Joan type officials. They had a pooling booth in our local mall and that was doing a roaring trade through the week with massive queues. So I say they should put more booths where younger people hang out or provide an app so that folks can vote with their phone.
I agree they need to get up their game media wise, I also voted in the local mall before Saturday, wasn't aware it was there but as it was I voted.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 8:46 pm
`

So looking like Winston Peters/NZF will hold the balance of seats, will probably go with National but might be given pause for thought given the fate of Maori and Act. Playing a supporting act can be crushing if you thrive on differentiation.
MrBEVS feels that ole Winston would rather sit beside English , than a group hug Ardern and the Greens
Old Sep 25th 2017, 2:27 am
Truth is the safest lie.

I expect that's likely true.

Strange the way media are portraying the Maori partys demise, did they genuinely expect to be able to face constituents in some of the lowest income communities in New Zealand after a confidence and supply agreement with National? They made their bed in 2014...
Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Well hope everyone has taken the chance to exercise your right and voted.

I was aghast on viewing one of the news channels last night when they were interviewing people in Auckland and Wellington and the amount of young eligible people saying they had no intention of voting.

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I don't about encouraging voter participation, after all NZ's is reasonable high (among countries where's not obligatory) but surely we can have system where we're not waiting another two weeks for the results to be fully counted, with 15% 'special votes' still to uncounted, that's a heck of percentage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.