Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

General Election - 2020 edition

General Election - 2020 edition

Old Oct 18th 2020, 7:36 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Election - 2020 edition

I think the Greens will get some very loose agreement, not because she needs them now but because she may well need them next time around.

ACT did well given they where fighting for their lives a few years ago, David Seymour isn't my cup of tea but he is actually quite engaging when you hear him speak. I have a lot of time for people who can articulate alternative perspectives no matter where they sit on the political spectrum.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I think Tova 'this will probably be the last time we invite you on' O'Brien won the day.

Old Oct 22nd 2020, 9:53 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I think Tova 'this will probably be the last time we invite you on' O'Brien won the day.

I'm glad that an idiot is running Advance NZ, if it where someone competent they could do a lot of damage. That said it's good to interview these nut jobs occasionally if only to remind people why they shouldn't vote for them.

Actually it was overseas media that had the most interesting commentary on this whole saga.
​​​​​
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm coming back to Jacinda...still better than Scomo!
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mishclark
So I'm coming back to Jacinda...still better than Scomo!
really, careful what you wish for!
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever there’s certainly a hell of wait till the new government takes over, even when it’s a majority.

In the UK, cabinet posts are being announced immediately.

The wait for the so called ‘special votes’ can’t help. I made one myself this time, to at least counter one of the special votes that greenies always seem to get.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 8:50 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
really, careful what you wish for!
Nah, ScoMo is genuinely a useless sack. For all of her faults I'd rather Jacinda*.

*Although I may yet come to regret saying that if she sits on her hands.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Nah, ScoMo is genuinely a useless sack. For all of her faults I'd rather Jacinda*.

*Although I may yet come to regret saying that if she sits on her hands.
He definitely is all sorts of things I can't say on the forum as I don't want to get in trouble because I like it here 😁

It's ok Chocolate Cake, I lived there until I got caught in Oz in March, I'm staying to have xmas with the oldest and coming back in the new year. It kind of made no difference to me, I lived there when John Key was the leader as well. I was none the wiser who the other parties were this time, although I see Gerry Brownlee got kicked out of my electorate!

I met John Key in 2010 briefly, he opened the new school hall at my kids primary/intermediate then...
Old Oct 25th 2020, 8:41 am
Just Joined

leroyS is an unknown quantity at this point

Taxcinda jong il smashed it with her nanny state nonsense. Just shows that in times of crisis, the populace will forgo their rights and freedoms for a dose of tax rises and personal liberty invasion and nanny state pampering from taxinda jong il.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 9:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

...but her brilliance has been marketing lockdoens as a preservation of rights and freedoms. The situation in the rest of the Anglosphere is such that she is being vindicated as winter comes to Euroland and the United States.

Also you can't look past the fact that National bet on the wrong horse early on. Had Jacinda failed at controlling the spread of WuFlu they would have propelled themselves far ahead but it was a loser and Simon Bridges paid the price.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 1:56 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Result: Yes to euthanasia, no to cannabis.

Right, you heard the public. Your days of fighting against 'the man' are over. Turn off the Joe Rogan podcast, get a haircut and make it look like you kids might one day be employable. I want your rooms spotless by the time I get back from having Grandma put down.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 8:37 am
Just Joined

leroyS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Result: Yes to euthanasia, no to cannabis.

Right, you heard the public. Your days of fighting against 'the man' are over. Turn off the Joe Rogan podcast, get a haircut and make it look like you kids might one day be employable. I want your rooms spotless by the time I get back from having Grandma put down.
Hahaha joe rogan the little manlet.

"Houston alexander is for real"