Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

General Election - 2020 edition

General Election - 2020 edition

Old Jul 30th 2020, 11:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Election - 2020 edition

Originally Posted by BEVS
You could . The weather is not bad.

I don't know about the prescription conditions as I've never had meds for the 'mares. Been with me 40+ odd years and sometimes worse than others. I get screechy. Scares the shit out of the cat and husband sometimes
You have to laugh don't you Bevs. You and inked nurse can add me to your PTSD club if you're looking for new members. I've offered to sleep in a different room sometimes so scouse can get some decent sleep, but he won't hear of it.

One of my weirder episodes was singing Ten Green Bottles all the way through, then I apparently sang it backwards The one that caused the most consternation was when I was in hospital recovering after spine surgery. I didn't find out about till the morning when my roomie spilled the beans, as I always remain blissfully unaware of the havoc I wreak. Anyway, the roomie told me that I'd let out an almighty scream, sending a stampede of nurses into the room. The nurse shone a torch on my face and asked me if I was alright. I opened my eyes, politely said 'yes thank you', and was straight back into a deep sleep. As always, I didn't remember any of it.

According to scouse I quite often have conversations with people lasting up to an hour.

I'm thinking of buying a muzzle
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You have to laugh don't you Bevs. You and inked nurse can add me to your PTSD club if you're looking for new members. I've offered to sleep in a different room sometimes so scouse can get some decent sleep, but he won't hear of it.

One of my weirder episodes was singing Ten Green Bottles all the way through, then I apparently sang it backwards The one that caused the most consternation was when I was in hospital recovering after spine surgery. I didn't find out about till the morning when my roomie spilled the beans, as I always remain blissfully unaware of the havoc I wreak. Anyway, the roomie told me that I'd let out an almighty scream, sending a stampede of nurses into the room. The nurse shone a torch on my face and asked me if I was alright. I opened my eyes, politely said 'yes thank you', and was straight back into a deep sleep. As always, I didn't remember any of it.

According to scouse I quite often have conversations with people lasting up to an hour.

I'm thinking of buying a muzzle

the club is always open,
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
the club is always open,

Erk.
I would rather it was not.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 10:55 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

In the race between marijuana and democracy I can see which is more popular.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 10:37 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Yes, update your enrollment details and mark Saturday the 19th of September, 2020 in your diaries as the day of the General Election.
Due to [pandemic reasons] the General Election previously scheduled for 19th of September will be delayed until Saturday, 17th of October. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience. For terms and conditions of service please check the reverse of your voter identification card.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:27 am
Truth is the safest lie.

The fact that he can self-identify that he doesn't know much about politics might make him the best qualified candidate to ever run in any New Zealand election. Normally we prefer 'em ruthless and not that bright Dan.

Old Sep 15th 2020, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that he can self-identify that he doesn't know much about politics might make him the best qualified candidate to ever run in any New Zealand election. Normally we prefer 'em ruthless and not that bright Dan.
Quite refreshing compared to all those new upwardly mobile banker types that the Nats have standing for them this year.

Old Sep 15th 2020, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Quite refreshing compared to all those new upwardly mobile banker types that the Nats have standing for them this year.
You should check out the standard of ACT candidates in the south island. If you put then all in one room, it'd look like an episode of shameless 😳
Old Sep 16th 2020, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
You should check out the standard of ACT candidates in the south island. If you put then all in one room, it'd look like an episode of shameless 😳
Hmm, I see what you mean, looks like a bit of a rogues gallery. I thought they only had two or three candidates.

Old Sep 18th 2020, 9:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Ah, tax cuts, the universal panacea of political parties out of hope and ideas.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 12:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Early voting has started. You can find your nearest station here: https://vote.nz/voting/ways-you-can-...lace-on-a-map/
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Early voting has started. You can find your nearest station here: https://vote.nz/voting/ways-you-can-...lace-on-a-map/
Thanks Charismatic 😊
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:36 am
Truth is the safest lie.

I don't quite understand what is going on, voting is open but a major political party made a significant policy announcement today. If you voted early you might well be kicking yourself.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

I don't quite understand what is going on, voting is open but a major political party made a significant policy announcement today. If you voted early you might well be kicking yourself.
Yes, it does seem strange voting stations being open almost 3 weeks before polling day. Strange that you can vote now and say whio you have voted for, but on the polling day that's not allowed.

I guess so long as there's no leaking of the early votes, no great problem, and most as usual have probably already made their mind up.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 1:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: General Election - 2020 edition

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Strange that you can vote now and say who you have voted for, but on the polling day that's not allowed.
Interesting that they always give you extra lines on the ballot paper, like there might be some option to scribble in other options if you wanted to vote for that dog what drives the car or...something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.