Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

General Election - 2020 edition

General Election - 2020 edition

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:58 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Election - 2020 edition

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Really interested in what the outcome of the referendums will be
I forecast some insufferable stoner in your office trying to talk to you about how "profound" Joe Rogan is and his favourite edibles recipes while doing nothing productive. The death thing will be more fun.

​​

​​​​​​
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I forecast some insufferable stoner in your office trying to talk to you about how "profound" Joe Rogan is and his favourite edibles recipes while doing nothing productive. The death thing will be more fun.

​​

​​​​​​
thats me 😂
Old Jul 26th 2020, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as queen Jacinda has decided to give the vote back to incarcerated criminals, we are currently in the process of enrollment and It seems most are only interested in the weed vote.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Seeing as queen Jacinda has decided to give the vote back to incarcerated criminals, we are currently in the process of enrollment and It seems most are only interested in the weed vote.
so they know how heavily taxed its going to be 😂
Old Jul 26th 2020, 7:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

It's like turkeys voting for Christmas. Without police and laws to restrict supply margins will collapse and it will finish that line of business. Ordinary local drug dealers will pay the price.
​​​​​​
Old Jul 26th 2020, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It's like turkeys voting for Christmas. Without police and laws to restrict supply margins will collapse and it will finish that line of business. Ordinary local drug dealers will pay the price.
​​​​​​
So if the vote is to legalise. Will that make "street corner drug dealer" a legitimate profession, and could they claim "dirty skank druggy hooker girlfriend" as a tax deductible
Old Jul 26th 2020, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Justcol
So if the vote is to legalise. Will that make "street corner drug dealer" a legitimate profession, and could they claim "dirty skank druggy hooker girlfriend" as a tax deductible

I actually wouldn’t care about legalising weed if you could get CBD in this country, its the only thing that helps with my wife’s arthritis and my night terrors. Unfortunately thats not the question they are asking.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

​​​​​​
I agree to a point, History tells us though that criminals being criminals will still be criminals. Ordinary local drug dealers will just move on to other things, most if not all drug dealers deal with plenty of other illegal drugs anyway, they certainly wont become the good guys after a law change. Their drug business will just change, kinda like drug dealers don't normally deal in tobacco.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

If it becomes legalised, there will still be a market for the illegal dealers, doing bootleg, because taxes etc are likely going to make it unaffordable (or unaffordable for the quantity desired) by many of the clientele.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carcajou
If it becomes legalised, there will still be a market for the illegal dealers, doing bootleg, because taxes etc are likely going to make it unaffordable (or unaffordable for the quantity desired) by many of the clientele.
Doubt it. In New Zealand cigarettes are ridiculously priced and taxed. Dont hear about any illegal trade in the tabacco industry. Dealers will just cook more meth.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 6:03 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by kiwibok
Doubt it. In New Zealand cigarettes are ridiculously priced and taxed. Dont hear about any illegal trade in the tabacco industry. Dealers will just cook more meth.
It does happen.

That said the green fingered among you could easy grow it. Unlike a cigarette it doesn't take a lot processing from plant to product.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 6:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I actually wouldn’t care about legalising weed if you could get CBD in this country, its the only thing that helps with my wife’s arthritis and my night terrors. Unfortunately thats not the question they are asking.
I thought it was available via prescription not that I use this.

You have my sympathy re night terrors. I have them courtesy of PTSD. My Mum was severely rheumatoid and I often wish CBD had been available for her back then.

People out this way won't care too much as they grow it in spades out in the bush ( national park) . So much so that every so often the police chopper has to go and torch the plantations.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
I thought it was available via prescription not that I use this.

You have my sympathy re night terrors. I have them courtesy of PTSD. My Mum was severely rheumatoid and I often wish CBD had been available for her back then.

People out this way won't care too much as they grow it in spades out in the bush ( national park) . So much so that every so often the police chopper has to go and torch the plantations.

yep PTSD is my friend too, unfortunately the conditions of prescription are very strict (as you would imagine)

haha can i come and live near you
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Preferred party:
  • Labour: 53% (+3% points)
  • National: 32% (-6% points)
  • Greens: 5% (-1% points)
  • ACT: 5% (+2% points)
  • NZ First: 2% (no change)
  • Maori Party: 1% (no change)
  • New Conservatives: 1% (no change)
Here.

​​​​​
Old Jul 30th 2020, 11:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

yep PTSD is my friend too, unfortunately the conditions of prescription are very strict (as you would imagine)

haha can i come and live near you
You could . The weather is not bad.

I don't know about the prescription conditions as I've never had meds for the 'mares. Been with me 40+ odd years and sometimes worse than others. I get screechy. Scares the shit out of the cat and husband sometimes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.