Reload this Page >

General Advice Please

General Advice Please

Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

chefmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General Advice Please

Hello,

I have accepted a chefs job in the Otago region & am keen to proceed. I want to apply under the work visa & permit scheme which will give me 3 years there to decide wether to apply as a citizen permanently.

The forms are in various stages of completion & Ive arranged all the medical stuff. My experience in my field seem to be acceptable & I score over 100 pionts but less that 140 as I am self taught but with loads of good experience.

The tricky thing is the police report inasmuch as it takes 40 days to complete!!! Is there a quicker way to get this information please.

I dont want to lose the job offer as it really is my dream job,,, is there a get there quick option for me wherby I can go there, work & get the permit retrospectivly?

thanks,

Mike
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice
Default Re: General Advice Please

Originally Posted by chefmike
Hello,

I have accepted a chefs job in the Otago region & am keen to proceed. I want to apply under the work visa & permit scheme which will give me 3 years there to decide wether to apply as a citizen permanently.

The forms are in various stages of completion & Ive arranged all the medical stuff. My experience in my field seem to be acceptable & I score over 100 pionts but less that 140 as I am self taught but with loads of good experience.

The tricky thing is the police report inasmuch as it takes 40 days to complete!!! Is there a quicker way to get this information please.

I dont want to lose the job offer as it really is my dream job,,, is there a get there quick option for me wherby I can go there, work & get the permit retrospectivly?

thanks,

Mike
Our police report in the UK only took a couple of weeks. You can't go there without a permit, otherwise you'll be working illegally. It is a time consuming process, but NZIS will bump things along for you if you have a job offer.

It takes 5 years to gain citizenship by the way, it changed last year.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 6:57 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Advice Please

Originally Posted by IainW
Our police report in the UK only took a couple of weeks. You can't go there without a permit, otherwise you'll be working illegally. It is a time consuming process, but NZIS will bump things along for you if you have a job offer.

It takes 5 years to gain citizenship by the way, it changed last year.
Ditto - my police report took 10 working days or so.
Quicker you apply , quicker it gets back.