Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Gedsy's wife Nursing opportunties in NZ

Gedsy's wife Nursing opportunties in NZ

Old Aug 1st 2010, 5:50 pm
Banned

gedsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gedsy's wife Nursing opportunties in NZ

Hi just wandering if anyone out there has any ideas regarding nursing vacancies in or around Christchurch NZ. I was also wandering if anyone has information on recruitement agencies out there, I have currently registered with Geneva Healthcare, but no luck in finding any jobs with them. Also registered with Careerjet but again wandering if they have a good reputation. Hoping to come out January of next year on a working visa and looking towards attaining residency with my family.
Thanks Corinne Wood
Currently practicing as a RGN in acute services.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gedsy's wife Nursing opportunties in NZ

I'm a midwife not a nurse but I can highly recommend Tonix Recruitment ( http://www.tonix.co.nz/ ) they cover a whole range of healthcare roles and have opportunities all over NZ.
I used them to gain my midwifery post in NZ and they couldn't have been more helpful, both with the job finding and the whole emmigration process in general.
Hope that helps and good luck.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Why use an agency? Why not apply direct to the DHB?

http://www.cdhb.govt.nz/
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I sent an email with CV attached to the DHB and got a call back within the hour!

Look on their website at job vacancies and if any there suit get in touch with them.

Phyl x
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Apply with the DHB (District Health Board) direct. Nusring is one of the few skills that they will do telephone interview for you and keep the job offer open to you for several months (each DHB are different) The package that you get will be better from the DHB also. Most prefer to hire direct rather than via agency cutting out the finders fee.

Happy hunting.