British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Gcse, City & Guilds.. Prove It (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/gcse-city-guilds-prove-443908/)

Want2goNow Apr 21st 2007 5:07 pm

Gcse, City & Guilds.. Prove It

Hello,

Any ideas on how Ican prove my qualifications ie: City & Guilds, GCSE's etc.
I left school 16 years ago and need to prove my results...

Any help then a big thank you.

Paul:p

suzi n steve Apr 21st 2007 5:58 pm

Re: Gcse, City & Guilds.. Prove It

Have you still got your certificates anywhere? Failing that could you contact the examination board and ask for a copy?

sirplug Apr 21st 2007 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Want2goNow (Post 4677882)
Hello,

I had the same problem, couldn't find any quals, so I contacted the school and the college where the quals were taken and if you write a letter to the education board, giving as much info as possible, dates, subjects and name of school or college, etc, they should contact you with the relevant details. It will cost though. I don't know how much as I was fortunate to eventually find mine, but it's not expensive.

Joshlin Apr 21st 2007 7:54 pm

Hi there,

I had a similar problem when we were gathering our info prior to coming over. I still had my city and guilds certs. but needed copies of the cyllabus. I phoned C&G(sorry don't have the no.) gave them my course details and they sent it out to me. It cost me £60 but I had done my courses from 1978 to 1987 in the Army and was well chuffed that they could help out. Didn't need them in the end as it turned out-but hey, the system works.
Good luck.

Lee :thumbup:

Want2goNow Apr 22nd 2007 5:44 am

Joshlin,

Cheers for that, I have got about 6 diff C&G certs somewhere.

Paul:thumbsup:

dash1965 Apr 22nd 2007 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Want2goNow (Post 4677882)
Hello,

Depending on the level of certificates, you might need to get them assessed by the NZ qualifications people to see if it is a comparable qualification.

I was awarded an Hons Degree in management from City and Guilds for my military career. At first from my EOI I was told it wasn't an acceptable level and wasn't on the approved list of degree level certificates.

I requested a review from the NZ qualifications board and they accepted it:thumbsup:

Extra points for the application.

Helped me gain my PR visas.

sirplug Apr 22nd 2007 7:18 am

Originally Posted by dash1965 (Post 4679598)
Depending on the level of certificates, you might need to get them assessed by the NZ qualifications people to see if it is a comparable qualification.

I was awarded an Hons Degree in management from City and Guilds for my military career. At first from my EOI I was told it wasn't an acceptable level and wasn't on the approved list of degree level certificates.

I requested a review from the NZ qualifications board and they accepted it:thumbsup:

Extra points for the application.

Helped me gain my PR visas.

Good point. For an initial assessment, the NZQA don't need to see the certificates. Just give all the relevent info, dates, colleges and exam board.

Paul

Are your C&G quals listed on the NZIS approved quals site?

Are they in a trade?

You may gain more points from an NZQA assessment. This costs $150 and is done in 10 to 20 days by E Mail. Chuck in a Google for NZQA

Want2goNow Apr 22nd 2007 7:54 am

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 4679610)
Good point. For an initial assessment, the NZQA don't need to see the certificates. Just give all the relevent info, dates, colleges and exam board.

Paul

Are your C&G quals listed on the NZIS approved quals site?

Are they in a trade?

You may gain more points from an NZQA assessment. This costs $150 and is done in 10 to 20 days by E Mail. Chuck in a Google for NZQA

Cheers for that just starting a"Google" now.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: