GBP crisis...yawn

Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:11 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice
Default Re: GBP crisis...yawn

I would get out of £ sooner than later, talk of currency crisis like Argentina had, you'll wish you could get 2 nz dollars to the pound in 2011!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:04 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news The UK is ONLY going to borrow £132 Billion this year not the £170 Billion forecast!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:52 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Good news The UK is ONLY going to borrow £132 Billion this year not the £170 Billion forecast!
Phew thats a relief then

Dewb
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:17 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Phew thats a relief then

Dewb
Yup..watch the NZD shoot up now.....
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
I would get out of £ sooner than later, talk of currency crisis like Argentina had, you'll wish you could get 2 nz dollars to the pound in 2011!
What makes you say that? Some people are predicting 1.5

Is the GBP utterly ruined? Is 2.1 REALLY good value?????????? If you don't need the money is it worth waiting for the GBP to heal??
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Will it heal ?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Will it heal ?
So, in the light of all the poor press myself and others have heaped upon the beleagured pound, who would NOW change a SUBSTANTIAL amount of GBP at the current crap rate of c 2.13?? Who has the nerve to hang on and see if it can climb to $2.40? Or by contrast who will make a move now afore it slides to south of 2. I remember at $2.50 thinking 'what the hell why don't I do the lot now'..alas I felt that $2.50 was insufferably low and thought it would within a year get back to $2.70 which is the 10 year median. Yeah right. 'Buy high sell low nice but dim Genesis' strikes again. Bollocks, thats what I say.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:59 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

The news today should be seriously good for the strength of the pound. The government now forecasts to borrow a lot less AND Moody's confirming the 'AAA' debt rating means the rates at which they get to borrow the deficeit will be good.

HOWEVER what I have seen is that the FOREX market seems to defy logic. Everytime there is good news the pound seems to plummet....so watch for values below $2.10 today....
Old Mar 19th 2010, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
HOWEVER what I have seen is that the FOREX market seems to defy logic. Everytime there is good news the pound seems to plummet....so watch for values below $2.10 today....
The markets are a law onto themselves. The fluctuations only occasionally seem to relate to financial news items. Also, notice how the pound almost always picks up over the weekend when we can't make trades? How does that work?

Personally, I think currency speculators along with hedge fund managers should be hung as traitors!

But watching the pounds constant plummeting to new depths of the exchange rate is not a fun game anymore - aren't we due a good spell soon?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:42 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

The news today should be seriously good for the strength of the pound. The government now forecasts to borrow a lot less AND Moody's confirming the 'AAA' debt rating means the rates at which they get to borrow the deficeit will be good.

Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:44 am
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by Genesis
So, in the light of all the poor press myself and others have heaped upon the beleagured pound, who would NOW change a SUBSTANTIAL amount of GBP at the current crap rate of c 2.13?? Who has the nerve to hang on and see if it can climb to $2.40? Or by contrast who will make a move now afore it slides to south of 2. I remember at $2.50 thinking 'what the hell why don't I do the lot now'..alas I felt that $2.50 was insufferably low and thought it would within a year get back to $2.70 which is the 10 year median. Yeah right. 'Buy high sell low nice but dim Genesis' strikes again. Bollocks, thats what I say.
Staring to seriously think about hedging our bets and transfering half our money to NZ and get it a good interest rate and leaving half here & hoping like mad the exchange rate improves

But might wait to see if you crack and transer yours soon

Dewb
Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:07 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Not if that is what the markets were expecting, or if they were expecting better news it'll get hammered again. Nothing will settle or improve things until the election is sorted now IMHO, and that could derail any improvement/change between now and then, it all depends what the market expect vs what it gets... ish
Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:09 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Staring to seriously think about hedging our bets and transfering half our money to NZ and get it a good interest rate and leaving half here & hoping like mad the exchange rate improves
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:40 pm
Scorchy legs

2.12 its like watching a slow car crash

Dewb
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:50 pm
It is what it is Member

Just checked XE.com

But not unexpected IMHO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.