GBP crisis...yawn

Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GBP crisis...yawn

Originally Posted by AndyR
GOD DAM IT!!

Brought my house in the UK when prices were at there highest (no choice there).

Sold it before moving to Oz when prices were coming down 4 years later (broke even, no profit made).

Because of Oz move, just missed the peak of the GBP/AUD exchange rate so ended up getting 2.06 rate which sucked! Left some in the UK for when we were settled.

Oz visa rules changes so couldn't stay so came to NZ. Moved my AUD to NZD at 2.2 I think?

Now in NZ waiting to move over the remains of our GBP and its doing this with the crap exchange rate. I'm effing sick of all this exchange rate crap! ARGH!!! You save and save and save and then it all goes down to toilet just because you happen to get the chance to emgirate at the wrong time exchange rate wise!

So fed up. Hate Money!
One concurs mate. When I think of the fact that I could actually be reasonably wealthy now had I not lost a small fortune on crap exchange rates within months of buying a very large amount of NZ$s (the GBP soared within a few months of me buying at 2.64), then there's the wedge I lost on shares..in partiuclar BT and finally the NZ Finance house balls up.

Ho hum, I can smile now..even at these shite rates, what can you do? Hindsight is something none of us has. I am glad that my kids are healthy and we have food in the larder. The Porsche Cayman would have looked good on the driveway of my acred property in Nelson but for now Palmy will do as will the 12 year old Honda.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I just had to do it, yep that's a lot of cash
One Trillion dollars

Right, off out to buy 10 British cows and tell everyone who will listen that Genesis is about to sell, I will be set up for life
Look. Just because we are talking about me buying kiwis the GBP has reached dizzy heights exceeding 2.13!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:30 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

2.135 rounded is 2.14!!!!! Wayhay Next stop 2.15!

Hang on

No

.....I´m dreaming
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
The Porsche Cayman would have looked good on the driveway of my acred property in Nelson but for now Palmy will do as will the 12 year old Honda.
Ahhh, but it wouldn't have guaranteed you anymore happiness. Besides which it's NZ - nobody could care less what you drive.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:24 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Ahhh, but it wouldn't have guaranteed you anymore happiness. Besides which it's NZ - nobody could care less what you drive.
...as long as it gets you from A-B safely and in a bit of comfort (not wet, cold and...in my wifey's case, the same hair style she left the hosue with ) I really don't care about what car I drive - I used to - guess I'm becoming Kiwi

You're right AL, I'm happy as a pig in muck ....but an extra few bucks wouldn't go amiss!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The Porsche Cayman would have looked good on the driveway of my acred property in Nelson but for now Palmy will do as will the 12 year old Honda.

Mortgaged 1/3rd of an acre in a village outside of Nelson and a 16 yr old Suzuki 4wd.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Yes, but i have a 'car thing'....or had a car thing pre kids. Thus driving a 12yr old Honda Odyssey is like sticking matches under my nails...painful.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:17 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but i have a 'car thing'....or had a car thing pre kids. Thus driving a 12yr old Honda Odyssey is like sticking matches under my nails...painful.
I can sympathise with that, people do wear cars after all....
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:12 pm
It is what it is Member

Cruised past 2.15 today....
Old Mar 11th 2010, 5:16 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

So if I type:

GENESIS TRADES SOUL TO DEVIL IN EXCHANGE FOR $NZ

That should pick up on Google.

See what happens tomorrow........
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teeym
So if I type:

GENESIS TRADES SOUL TO DEVIL IN EXCHANGE FOR $NZ

That should pick up on Google.

See what happens tomorrow........
It's only 2.1478..its not really working aye?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

macmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonsi
They used that headline when Brown sold our gold reserves... or should have, except for the rallying bit
.....and the price of gold now being how many times more than it was when he stole it from us? And then he bought Euros, which are worth how much now compared to when he bought them to gain minor favour with those European nations we are still supporting? I often wonder how much child benefit comes back from Poland? Who voted for that idiot (decorum and decency forbid me from using the string of derogatory expletives I want to about him :curse: ) - oh, that's right, none of us .

Still, the only good thing he has done for me (apart from banning smoking in pubs/restaurants) is to make me very determined to move to NZ, so I suppose I can thank him for that. Cheers . I'm off to break up my soap box now, I've worn it out lately.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:51 pm
`

Have some soapbox karma macmattom
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:02 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Have some soapbox karma macmattom
I thought we werent allowed to talk politics on this forum

.....it's going to be a difficult rule to maintain as we approach the election.

Glad I'm in NZ.....I've never been a fan of spoiling my ballot paper, but this time round I'm not sure which of the band of clowns I'd choose.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:05 pm
`

No rule of that nature that I can see.
Just don't start calling each other kn@bheads and tw@ts is all.
Be as nice as you all are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.