GBP crisis...yawn

Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:25 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GBP crisis...yawn

After reading all previous threads on experiences and general luck with money, I feel this boils down to one of two potential outcomes:

1) Genesis decides to wait and not exchange money
The rate continues to plummet until you get 8 grains of rice to the £. The bottom will then proceed to fall out of the world rice market.

2) Genesis decides to take the plunge
America will discover that the strength of the $NZ is linked to Osama Bin Laden's hiding ability and will devote all available resources to crushing the Kiwi buck into obscurity. Simultaneously scientists at CERN will discover that a stable black hole to an alternative dimension made entirely of gold and diamonds can only be created by firing particles of british beef into each other in the large hadron collider, thus guaranteeing the economic stability of the UK for all time and propelling Sterling to a record exchange rate ratio of 1,000,000:1 against the septic-battered $NZ.

From this we can deduce that the election has nothing to do with anything and the best option to take is 1), right up to the point when I want to transfer me readies when a complete change of tack to 2) would be ideal.

Discuss.......
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:09 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I was gonna wait until Genesis had changed their money AND THEN exchange mine when the exchange rate is suddenly and miraculously much better
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:04 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!!

Which saying should we consign to history first?:

a) "Doing nothing is always a safe option"

or

b) "Safe as houses"
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:23 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelloid
yeah, I was gonna wait until Genesis had changed their money AND THEN exchange mine when the exchange rate is suddenly and miraculously much better
Ha ha me too come on Genesis when you thinking of exchanging

Dewb
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Genesis, if the pound had a total collapse then if would be reflected elsewhere too, and that may be the least of the problems which would follow. NZ would not be immune to a crisis elsewhere in the world. The NZ dollar will get weaker, that's my feeling and it would be crazy to 'take a hit' as you say. As the dollar stands now, who is going to bring money in NZ? Therefore, who can afford to keep the housing market going? These things will eventually be reflected in the housing market, which is vastly over-priced here in NZ. Also, think what this expensive dollar is doing for those selling goods overseas.
It cannot go on like this. Something has to give. See beyond the present, and remember things always change, and when they do, it can come quickly.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitesand
Genesis, if the pound had a total collapse then if would be reflected elsewhere too, and that may be the least of the problems which would follow. NZ would not be immune to a crisis elsewhere in the world. The NZ dollar will get weaker, that's my feeling and it would be crazy to 'take a hit' as you say. As the dollar stands now, who is going to bring money in NZ? Therefore, who can afford to keep the housing market going? These things will eventually be reflected in the housing market, which is vastly over-priced here in NZ. Also, think what this expensive dollar is doing for those selling goods overseas.
It cannot go on like this. Something has to give. See beyond the present, and remember things always change, and when they do, it can come quickly.
Sorry guys but for now the lady (Kate) ain't for u turns. I could persuade her (because she loves and trusts me) but I am such a coward I do not want to be responsible for another fiscal nightmare in our home when the kiwi devalues a week later after we do the business. Sorry you will have to rely on some other 'reverse trend indicator'..or 'gormless twat' would be more appropriate.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:18 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

How about we just start an internet rumour that Genesis is about to exchange, would that be enough to move the global currency market
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
How about we just start an internet rumour that Genesis is about to exchange, would that be enough to move the global currency market
That should do it.

Headlines read 'Gormless tosser losses squillions in botched exchange deal....sterling rallies'.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Genesis
That should do it.

Headlines read 'Gormless tosser losses squillions in botched exchange deal....sterling rallies'.
On the subject of lots of money..or losing lots of it (my forte) anyone ever seen a trillion? Google 'trillion' and one of the hits shows you what a trillion look like on pallets. Now remember when you see it these are stacked in USD $100s..not 20s or 10s. It really is quite a vast expanse of wonga.

Will take your mind off the plunging quid for a moment or two and make you realise JUST HOW MUCH MONEY Mr Brown has pissed up the wall.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

So if i am reading the above posts correctly, I should put my money into British beef before this Hadron fella buys it all

I think i will start with 2lb of mince

Neil
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:45 pm
It is what it is Member

They used that headline when Brown sold our gold reserves... or should have, except for the rallying bit
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
So if i am reading the above posts correctly, I should put my money into British beef before this Hadron fella buys it all

I think i will start with 2lb of mince

Neil
And what of Welsh lamb..does that not have some part of this equation?

NB I think the emphasis is on cuts of meat rather than minced meat.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

And what of Welsh lamb..does that not have some part of this equation?

NB I think the emphasis is on cuts of meat rather than minced meat.
News flash 0952hrs NZ time today. Sterling hits $2.1295 against the kiwi $. Mass frenzy of selling GBPs starts.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

News flash 0952hrs NZ time today. Sterling hits $2.1295 against the kiwi $. Mass frenzy of selling GBPs starts.
GOD DAM IT!!

Brought my house in the UK when prices were at there highest (no choice there).

Sold it before moving to Oz when prices were coming down 4 years later (broke even, no profit made).

Because of Oz move, just missed the peak of the GBP/AUD exchange rate so ended up getting 2.06 rate which sucked! Left some in the UK for when we were settled.

Oz visa rules changes so couldn't stay so came to NZ. Moved my AUD to NZD at 2.2 I think?

Now in NZ waiting to move over the remains of our GBP and its doing this with the crap exchange rate. I'm effing sick of all this exchange rate crap! ARGH!!! You save and save and save and then it all goes down to toilet just because you happen to get the chance to emgirate at the wrong time exchange rate wise!

So fed up. Hate Money!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:21 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

On the subject of lots of money..or losing lots of it (my forte) anyone ever seen a trillion? Google 'trillion' and one of the hits shows you what a trillion look like on pallets. Now remember when you see it these are stacked in USD $100s..not 20s or 10s. It really is quite a vast expanse of wonga.

Will take your mind off the plunging quid for a moment or two and make you realise JUST HOW MUCH MONEY Mr Brown has pissed up the wall.
I just had to do it, yep that's a lot of cash
One Trillion dollars

Right, off out to buy 10 British cows and tell everyone who will listen that Genesis is about to sell, I will be set up for life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.