Default Gay Friendly?

How gay friendly is NZ?

Hope I'm not ailenating anyone :scared:
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:48 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gay Friendly?

NZ is officially & legally a very right-on place with a very liberal attitude to homosexuals.

In practice I think one would find that NZ is not that different to the UK, ie a mix of all sorts of personal attitudes depending on a person's age, background, education etc.

Probably AKL and Welly are the most openly gay-friendly places and the provincial towns and S Island the most conservative.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:53 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frecka
How gay friendly is NZ?

Hope I'm not ailenating anyone :scared:
Don't know about NZ (but I think Don has probably got it spot on, he usually does!!)
but you'd be more than welcome in our house when/if we get there!!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

frecka is on a distinguished road

Thanks Don and Pinkie - and thanks for the invite :-) hope you make it and make it home.

So it looks like I'll pack the bovver boots but leave the dungarees ...
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:07 pm
Don
Banned

Thanks Don and Pinkie - and thanks for the invite :-) hope you make it and make it home.

check out http://www.globalgayz.com/g-newzealand.html
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:11 pm
Don
Banned

Welly top 10 Lesbian city http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/me...entid=0&from=1
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:48 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

What does this mean Frecka?????
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
What does this mean Frecka?????
Pinkie,
Just a wee joke about the stereotype - if attitudes differ in the North and South Island I will only pack half the "uniform" the boots, baggy dungarees etc.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:50 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie,
Just a wee joke about the stereotype - if attitudes differ in the North and South Island I will only pack half the "uniform" the boots, baggy dungarees etc.
sorry, see what you mean....

I'd take the dungarees and leave the boots though (I luuuurve dungarees but only get to wear them when I'm decorating now!!! Our house gets painted rather a lot though!!!)

p.s. Are you a girl or boy btw (if that's not being too nosy...)
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:05 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, just take the dungarees as no Kiwis wear shoes anyway!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
sorry, see what you mean....

I'd take the dungarees and leave the boots though (I luuuurve dungarees but only get to wear them when I'm decorating now!!! Our house gets painted rather a lot though!!!)

p.s. Are you a girl or boy btw (if that's not being too nosy...)
Oh we are definitely girlies
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biddy
Yeah, just take the dungarees as no Kiwis wear shoes anyway!
Dungarees it is then ..!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:08 pm
Don't let me get me....

Oh we are definitely girlies
Glad we got that sorted then!!!
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:30 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
NZ is officially & legally a very right-on place with a very liberal attitude to homosexuals.

In practice I think one would find that NZ is not that different to the UK, ie a mix of all sorts of personal attitudes depending on a person's age, background, education etc.

Probably AKL and Welly are the most openly gay-friendly places and the provincial towns and S Island the most conservative.
Don I cant help wonder where exactly you get your information from. Some of the south island might be what you might call a little conservative but as far as attitiudes to homosexuality goes you might find it isnt all that conservative. I know a lot of gay couples who live in both Christchurch & Dunedin who have no problem with living in either of these places. I think its becoming more & more an accepted thing these days. I would think anyone who is gay & considering a move to NZ wouldnt have to worry at all.

Incidentally I am off to Milwaukee in september to attend a wedding between two wonderful ladies. As far as the law is concerned it isnt a legal marriage as its not legal in that state yet but they will be committing themselves to each other, one will legally be changing her name etc & the wedding itself is the full blown thing with Bride, bridesmaids etc. Im so looking forward to it & am vey happy to be a part of the entire thing. I also have family from NZ who will be flying over to attend the wedding so I guess my relatives arent conservative either are they
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:56 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

not that any sexuality bothers me but, Southland and Otago are the most homophobic places in the world imo!Around Gore it is beyond belief how they talk about gay people, and i've not met any Kiwi blokes down here with an open mind i'm afraid.You can't get southlanders to have an open mind about different beers, let alone sexes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.