Gay Friendly?

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:07 am
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all
Default Re: Gay Friendly?

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
Yes I have a few of those stories too...
So why do you think the 'southern Kiwis' have the right attitude Simon? please explain?
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:08 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Damn right. Also, imprison everyone who doesn't agree with me. And lock up all the Asians. Up the BNP! Now where's my bovver boots...
Oh Simon, I think you're messing with us aren't you!! It's that "Kiwi" sense of humour thing again isn't it!!

Luckily, none of us have bitten this time...we must be getting used to you... Your programme of assimilation is working...

You do like to stir it up a bit don't you...
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:13 am
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie

You do like to stir it up a bit don't you...
I'd say he's just an ignorant twit but that's my english Pinkie

Last edited by Debs70; Jul 2nd 2005 at 12:54 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:00 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Originally Posted by Debs70
So why do you think the 'southern Kiwis' have the right attitude Simon? please explain?
They DON'T like queers
They DO like Speights beer
They keep their women where they should be, ie in the kitchen cooking for the men

I thought you knew this stuff, you lived there...

Pinkie gets it...
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:09 am
Banned

They DON'T like queers
They keep their women where they should be, ie in the kitchen cooking for the men

Pinkie gets it...
In other words..... kwis don't lke gay people? lets just be honest Simon!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:18 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

They DON'T like queers

Pinkie gets it...
I do get it Simon - the fact that you are being ironic/sarcastic that is - but don't you dare assosciate me with all this homophobic/chauvinistic bullsh*t!!! LOL...I had a conversation with a Kiwi mate today actually and strangely enough we were talking about this subject as he knows I can't stand being told to "get in the kitchen and make me some pies" and he said that the Kiwi theory is that women are for "cookin' and f***in'..." to say I was horrified would be putting it mildly...

(sorry if I've offended anyone's sensibilities)

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 2nd 2005 at 1:27 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:21 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Methinks the jetpilot has has too many sherberts and his brain is addled. Perhaps there is a latent gay man wishing he could burst forth into the world, but has difficulty with the kitchen implements and so represses his inner transgenderist tendencies by entering a reactionary denial manifest in an outright condemnation of his own inner femininity and that of others.

Simon put on your rouge and lippy and strut your stuff like the girl you really are. Mmmwa mmmwaaa.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie

LOL...I had a conversation with a Kiwi mate today actually and strangely enough we were talking about this subject as he knows I can't stand being told to "get in the kitchen and make me some pies" and he said that the Kiwi theory is that women are for "cookin' and *****in'..." to say I was horrified would be putting it mildly... (sorry if I've offended anyone's sensibilities)
That's Kiwi's for ya

Didn't they tell you that they invented eveything aswell? LOL that's a good one! very funny!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:04 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL @ that one Debs. If kiwis dont like gays its time someone told them that because there is an awful lot of gay men & women living in NZ. As for Simon he is doing nothing more than trying to rattle your dags. Have you forgotten the industry he made his living in?? There has to be a lot employed in that industry as well he knows.
Must admit Im very proud of all of you for not biting at the bait he set this time. Me thinks Simon is slipping & needs to bait his hook with something a little more appetising next time huh
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:42 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Originally Posted by shepslady
PMSL @ that one Debs. If kiwis dont like gays its time someone told them that because there is an awful lot of gay men & women living in NZ. As for Simon he is doing nothing more than trying to rattle your dags. Have you forgotten the industry he made his living in?? There has to be a lot employed in that industry as well he knows.
Must admit Im very proud of all of you for not biting at the bait he set this time. Me thinks Simon is slipping & needs to bait his hook with something a little more appetising next time huh
OK then we like gays slightly more than pommy immigrants...
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:44 am
pompeymike

OK then we like gays slightly more than pommy immigrants...
surely you're not serious :scared: :scared: :scared:

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 11:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pompeymike
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley...

(A free re-run of the second test for anyone who recognises that line)
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 11:21 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeymike
pmsl.... of course hes not they hate them just the same haha

Where hubby worked there was a english guy that none of the guys at work bothered with, but when it came to my hubby he was invited everywhere and always had kiwi work mates dropping in too see us (think though it was because we lived at the beach ha ha). When we asked why they didnt bother with Bob they were quite open in saying hes another rich Pom and we dont like rich Poms coming out here with all there money and driving their 4x4s..... they like us because we were Scottish and poor like them ha ha

ps im sure as well Debs can remember her hubby getting told to change his accent at a garage by some Kiwis so they didnt get ripped off price wise!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

frecka is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by coolboy1973
NZ is fairly gay friendly. Like anywhere, big cities are all cool, ie. Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, but wouldn't want to be gay anywhere else, not necessarily because it's homophobic, just the fact that there's no where to go and not many gay people around.

Gay scene in general is probably the worst i've ever encountered in Auckland, for a big city, there's 3 bars, and one of them is a leather bar, if you're into that kind of stuff. Wellington has one gay bar which is appalling, and only busy one night a week.

Christchurch is okay, got a couple of gay places, but the difference is, it;s very friendly down there, and people will talk to you, especially if they don't recognise you.

NZ because of its size, will probably never have a very 'happening' gay scene, certainly don't expect a Manchester or London type scene or Sydney for that matter. In Auckland, the gay bar (s) are only busy 1 or 2 nights a week, so if you fancy a quick beer after work, you've got no chance.

Suppose it depends what you want to come to NZ for, but it shouldn't be for the gay nightlife, if you want that, then go to Sydney. As a gay man, I find it very hard being in Auckland and the lack of gay scene, but think that's because i've been spoilt by living in London, Manchester and Sydney.

Stuart
Hi Stuart
Thanks for that - I wouldn't know a scene if it came up and bit me in the arse (I have it form a reliable source that it can!) So i wouldn't miss it or the lack of it.
I guess I'm trying to assess how the general culture is towards gayness - and there seems to be no real difference to anywhere else - I was worried that it may be quite hostile but just the usual levels of discretion are required.
If you fancy meeting two Irish girls for a drink in September PM me.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Hi Frecka.
I've just asked my 19 yr old your question. He's been here a year and a half & isn't gay himself but meets lots of people, and he just laughed and said " no question ! NZ is definately more accepting and gay friendly than the UK"

We're in Auckland - hope that helps !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.