Gay Friendly?

Old Jun 15th 2005, 4:10 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gay Friendly?

Originally Posted by deedee
not that any sexuality bothers me but, Southland and Otago are the most homophobic places in the world imo!Around Gore it is beyond belief how they talk about gay people, and i've not met any Kiwi blokes down here with an open mind i'm afraid.You can't get southlanders to have an open mind about different beers, let alone sexes
Cant speak for Gore, although have some ex rellies who live there & they are stuffy old shirts so tend to agree with you on that one. As for Dunedin well I guess we just hang in different circles huh? Love your comment on southland men & their beer Never a truer word spoken there, they all think the same when it comes to their precious Southland Brew dont they
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:00 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by Don; Jun 15th 2005 at 6:10 am.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:51 am
Stuart

coolboy1973 will become famous soon enough

NZ is fairly gay friendly. Like anywhere, big cities are all cool, ie. Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, but wouldn't want to be gay anywhere else, not necessarily because it's homophobic, just the fact that there's no where to go and not many gay people around.

Gay scene in general is probably the worst i've ever encountered in Auckland, for a big city, there's 3 bars, and one of them is a leather bar, if you're into that kind of stuff. Wellington has one gay bar which is appalling, and only busy one night a week.

Christchurch is okay, got a couple of gay places, but the difference is, it;s very friendly down there, and people will talk to you, especially if they don't recognise you.

NZ because of its size, will probably never have a very 'happening' gay scene, certainly don't expect a Manchester or London type scene or Sydney for that matter. In Auckland, the gay bar (s) are only busy 1 or 2 nights a week, so if you fancy a quick beer after work, you've got no chance.

Suppose it depends what you want to come to NZ for, but it shouldn't be for the gay nightlife, if you want that, then go to Sydney. As a gay man, I find it very hard being in Auckland and the lack of gay scene, but think that's because i've been spoilt by living in London, Manchester and Sydney.

Stuart
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

not that any sexuality bothers me but, Southland and Otago are the most homophobic places in the world imo!Around Gore it is beyond belief how they talk about gay people, and i've not met any Kiwi blokes down here with an open mind i'm afraid.You can't get southlanders to have an open mind about different beers, let alone sexes
In Auckland, I have worked with the most unbeleivable red neck people. It is a bit scary tbh, these people couldn't exist in UK because they would be sacked all the time and couldn't support themselves. In the minority by far in AK, but a minority I never met in Scotland. Just glad these guys didn't mind scottish folk and never knew where I lived anyway!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:34 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Thank god there is still some sanity in the world. Good for you, Southland men, fly the flag with pride!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:34 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolboy1973
NZ is fairly gay friendly. Like anywhere, big cities are all cool, ie. Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, but wouldn't want to be gay anywhere else, not necessarily because it's homophobic, just the fact that there's no where to go and not many gay people around.

Gay scene in general is probably the worst i've ever encountered in Auckland, for a big city, there's 3 bars, and one of them is a leather bar, if you're into that kind of stuff. Wellington has one gay bar which is appalling, and only busy one night a week.

Christchurch is okay, got a couple of gay places, but the difference is, it;s very friendly down there, and people will talk to you, especially if they don't recognise you.

NZ because of its size, will probably never have a very 'happening' gay scene, certainly don't expect a Manchester or London type scene or Sydney for that matter. In Auckland, the gay bar (s) are only busy 1 or 2 nights a week, so if you fancy a quick beer after work, you've got no chance.

Suppose it depends what you want to come to NZ for, but it shouldn't be for the gay nightlife, if you want that, then go to Sydney. As a gay man, I find it very hard being in Auckland and the lack of gay scene, but think that's because i've been spoilt by living in London, Manchester and Sydney.

Stuart
Excellent post Stuart and welcome to the forum. Sent you some welcome karma.

Phyl
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:38 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
Thank god there is still some sanity in the world. Good for you, Southland men, fly the flag with pride!
Huh? what are you trying to say? cos the way I am reading it you are saying "good on the Southland men for being anti-gay"

Please clear this up with us cos I'm sure you're not homophobic :scared: are you?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:41 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debs70
Huh? what are you trying to say? cos the way I am reading it you are saying "good on the Southland men for being anti-gay"

Please clear this up with us cos I'm sure you're not homophobic :scared: are you?
LOL...I should hope not...given that KJP has worked with cabin crew for many years I would have thought that he would be ok with gay folks...
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:44 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
LOL...I should hope not...given that KJP has worked with cabin crew for many years I would have thought that he would be ok with gay folks...
Good point Pinkie.. the cabin crew on most flights are delightful and some (obviously) gay.. and lovely they are..... surely our friend KJP is a friend of all gay people??? hope so.. cos that comment was confusing to me
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:55 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Good point Pinkie.. the cabin crew on most flights are delightful and some (obviously) gay.. and lovely they are..... surely our friend KJP is a friend of all gay people??? hope so.. cos that comment was confusing to me
One of my bestest friends is a trolly dolly and oh, the stories I could tell you about what they do to the Captain at the end of each flight...would make your hair curl....
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:01 am
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

One of my bestest friends is a trolly dolly and oh, the stories I could tell you about what they do to the Captain at the end of each flight...would make your hair curl....
Notice silence from KJP, it's almost deafening. I am also confused by his post.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:01 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

String 'em up I say. Make gay-bashing an Olympic sport. Rid the earth of these peversions.

What's a homophobe...???

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
String 'em up I say. Make gay-bashing an Olympic sport. Rid the earth of these peversions.

What's a homophobe...???

Nice answer.

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:04 am
Banned

Yes I have a few of those stories too...
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:06 am
Banned

Nice answer.

Damn right. Also, imprison everyone who doesn't agree with me. And lock up all the Asians. Up the BNP! Now where's my bovver boots...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.