Garden Stuff

Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of
Default Garden Stuff

Does anyone know if it is worth cleaning and taking garden stuff. Tools, large pots etc (def won't bother with lawnmower!), and garden furniture?

We are hopefully exchanging contracts on house tomorrow and can then book flights! Hopefully be out Easter time after doing the rounds of family goodbyes!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden Stuff

you get lovely garden furniture in mitre 10, we bought a great garden swing last week and a lovely glass table and chair set. I havnt bought any plants or pots yet but i haveseenlovely big pots here i would say sameas youwouldpay back home.i gave all mine to my gran as i thought i would save the hassle of MAF going to check it etc .We brought no out door stuff for this reason plus i wanted some nice new stuff .we got our things for a great price i thought

caz
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newnip
Does anyone know if it is worth cleaning and taking garden stuff. Tools, large pots etc (def won't bother with lawnmower!), and garden furniture?

We are hopefully exchanging contracts on house tomorrow and can then book flights! Hopefully be out Easter time after doing the rounds of family goodbyes!
It depends if you have lots of money - not that things cost alot here, but if you have the space you might as well bring. We brought all of our garden tools (just cleaned them up) and our garden chairs and table as it gave us something to sit on while we decided what we really needed or wanted for our new home. It just gave us one less thing to have to buy until we wanted to upgrade.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

we bought our garden furniture to use while we wait on our container arriving so it was worth every cent we paid for it.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:21 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought everything, including pots and tools, even wheelbarrow - no problems with MAF either. We also bought horse riding tack and equipment - just used lots and lots of Dettol and sprayed each box liberally with it for good measure before they sealed them!