British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Gangnam/Zombie syle - Wellington (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/gangnam-zombie-syle-wellington-775272/)

cappuccino Oct 21st 2012 11:12 am

Gangnam/Zombie syle - Wellington

Some of my friends were involved in the making of this cool video and there are some scenes filmed in the building where I work.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=47XPuiKOjdk

The reason it is zombie style is because they are doing a zombie run on Somes Island next weekend:

www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/capital-life/7725569/Zombies-wanted-for-Somes-Island-event

Justcol Oct 22nd 2012 11:16 am

Re: Gangnam/Zombie syle - Wellington

its insane how that song has gone viral

lardyl Oct 22nd 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10343298)

yep and Korean ladies are SO SEXY ;)
at least one is :o
(you know who you are)
and Wellington ain't too bad a place either :D
nice video BTW

cappuccino Oct 22nd 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10343298)

It's the modern day 'Macarena' ;)

crap coffee Oct 22nd 2012 11:59 am

D.A.F.T!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

lardyl Oct 22nd 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 10343339)
It's the modern day 'Macarena' ;)

with so many parodies on youtube.
like the Gandalf one!
and of course the one from Welly.

lardyl Oct 22nd 2012 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by crap coffee (Post 10343351)
D.A.F.T!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

Indeed :thumbup:

hazeandsteve Oct 22nd 2012 5:30 pm

Wouldn't it be nice in this day and age, if originality was appreciated rather than immediately being copied.
It started with scriptwriters having no novel ideas, and just remaking old films. Then the musicians got in with remixes and cover versions.
Now one bloke does an entertaining video clip, and it's a cue for every man and his dog to post themselves on the tinternet to give a big "look at meeee!! Not doing my own stuff, but look at meeee!!"
Don't suppose most of them went far enough to find out what Gangnam is.

lardyl Oct 22nd 2012 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 10343885)
Wouldn't it be nice in this day and age, if originality was appreciated rather than immediately being copied.
It started with scriptwriters having no novel ideas, and just remaking old films. Then the musicians got in with remixes and cover versions.
Now one bloke does an entertaining video clip, and it's a cue for every man and his dog to post themselves on the tinternet to give a big "look at meeee!! Not doing my own stuff, but look at meeee!!"
Don't suppose most of them went far enough to find out what Gangnam is.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
Which was copied by.......Shakespeare

SONNET 59

If there be nothing new, but that which is Hath been before, how are our brains beguiled, Which, labouring for invention, bear amiss The second burden of a former child. O, that record could with a backward look, Even of five hundred courses of the sun, Show me your image in some antique book, Since mind at first in character was done! That I might see what the old world could say To this composed wonder of your frame; Whether we are mended, or whe'er better they, Or whether revolution be the same. O, sure I am, the wits of former days To subjects worse have given admiring praise.