Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Further to 'assimilation' thread...

Further to 'assimilation' thread...

Old Jan 19th 2008, 4:58 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Further to 'assimilation' thread...

How long did it take for your bodily functions to return to 'normal'.

You dont read about this in the emigration books do you?

You'll have all kindsa weird poos for the first month whilst your gut adjusts to the new food.

Your hair will be permanently greasy till you have established a new hair wash routine with the different water.

Same goes for your skin - probably not used to having so much crap daubed on it day in day out, and coupled with the different (softer) water, it doesnt know whether its coming or going.

You can rely on me to tell you how it is!!! Reckon its a bestseller?!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further to 'assimilation' thread...

I think it's just you, dear.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I won't comment directly, but we have noticed that we do not eat the same here as we did before. The selection is not the same, which is expected, but the range of choice is limited. We find that the choice of meat and poultry to be much restricted compared to our previous life and the quality is not quite the same either. However, as I have said before, apples and ice cream are still cheaper, but have you seen the price of butter and cheese lately?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:45 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

omg Dreamfish.....you're not drinking the tap water are you?!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Maz

not me, er, its about a friend
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO Kate!

My hair is still constantly greasy after nearly 7 months Tried all sorts of shampoos but nothing makes it nice for more than 36 hours
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
LMAO Kate!

My hair is still constantly greasy after nearly 7 months Tried all sorts of shampoos but nothing makes it nice for more than 36 hours

I knew I wasnt alone!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:39 am
Banned

pioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nice

Try bottled Sheeps Pee its a well known country cure for greasey hair Just takes a bit of getting used to the smell but used with cattle deoderant you dont notice.
There is another farmyard cure involving cows but not sure on the real effectiveness of it has a side effect but good for areas you want to remove hair from.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:58 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nerine
omg Dreamfish.....you're not drinking the tap water are you?!
I don't know about Wellington's water, but Christchurch's water has been proven to turn men into a buff bronzed Adonis and the women into sultry vixens. All true, cross my heart!

Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:56 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I got real fat legs in the first few months!! Seemed to be suffering from fluid retention, which I had never been prone to prior to the move. I took a herbal diuretic with a dandelion base and that sorted it out
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by happynz
I don't know about Wellington's water, but Christchurch's water has been proven to turn men into a buff bronzed Adonis and the women into sultry vixens. All true, cross my heart!

changes the sex of fish too does it?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:38 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nerine
changes the sex of fish too does it?
I don't know. I'm not a fish. Are you a fish?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:14 am

If you're think you're a buff bronzed Adonis I'd say what the hell, keep drinking the water - obviously a remarkable hallcinogen
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz

You sure its the water and not the SPeights or Mac's Gold that does that???
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

dont know about the food or hair (most of mine gone now )but having travelled about the globe it takes 3 weeks to acclimitise to different weather. when i went to the falkland islands kept waking up at 4 in the morning for the first week. very annoying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.