Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture rental - New Plymouth

hiya

We swapped over what british money we had before we arrived here so we weren't running around looking for banks before we could buy anything.

proffesionals and harcourts are next door to each other with quinovec acouple of minutes away.

where have you got a job?are there any areas you fancy?

caz
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:40 pm
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Have got a job at Fitzroy eng on Devon Road. Dont know what area we are looking at yet. Will just have to wait and play it by ear.
Thanks Caz
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

you would probably want fitzroy or strandon so close to work and next to beach ,coastal walkway close to town etc ,i love fitzroy there are some lovely houses there. if just the 2 of you, you will easliy get a rental in CBD,there was a lovely huge converted apartment when we were looking but was no good with a 2 year old and a pram lol

lots to choose from

caz
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:43 pm
Tauranga

Hi Caz,
Pardon my ignorance but we have seen the initials on quite a few properties we have been looking at. But what does CBD signify ?
cheers Graham
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lol i wondered the same when we first looked.Central Business District ,town centre kinda thing. In NP the CBD is next to the water which is great you driveto town with views of the sea so always lovely, has lovely coastal walkway which is nice to sit and have lunch on

caz
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

excuse me jumping in you two

graham i work at vtnz which is the main MOT station in NP and is next door to fitzroy engineering so if you wanna pop in or say hi,im the only enlglish speaking one there, the rest speak kiwi lol
caz and my wife debs have met and they seem to collecting wives for a group or coven haha at last count there was 6 i think.

look forward to seeing and speaking to you

jim and debs
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:24 am
Tauranga

Hi Jim,
Will defo pop in and see you as will need help finding a cheap car to zip about in. Will make sure i get Elaine to join the coven LOL Still hasnt sunk in yet that we are leaving for good.
Anyway will get in touch when we get over there. Thanks for reply
Graham
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

HaHaHa I prefer to call us the desperate house wifes lol

Jim, as he works next door to you , heres a pal to go to mitre 10 with to drool over the 3 million dollar bbq's with lol

caz

Last edited by CarolineSwan; Feb 24th 2009 at 6:18 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hey caz

that was below the belt, you know i still havent got one and you was nice and let gaz get one hahaha ill talk to debs again lol
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

"DESPERATE HOUSEWIFES" ha ha ha you got that one right Caz....
Desperate for a job!!
Nice to see everyone making them feel welcome and they ain't even here yet lol....
and Graham and Elaine if you need anything just ask, even if it's running round looking at property........
Andrea x
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:43 pm
Tauranga

Thanks everybody,
Its been a heart wrenching last 2 days saying our goodbyes. But we have to stay focused and remember that there is nothing left in this country now but family and friends. We will probably need help looking at properties as we only have mon and tues before i start work.
So later today we have blast off and hopefully we havent missed all the summer. Would be a bummer to have 2 winters back to back. Anyway will be in the Braemar Sunday night if anyone would like to come for a drink.
Thanks for all the help and see you all real soon
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:19 am
Tauranga

Hello Again,
Forgot to ask about what weather we can expect when we get there, hope it isnt raining when we land
see you in 2 days
Graham and Elaine
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chubnut
Hello Again,
Forgot to ask about what weather we can expect when we get there, hope it isnt raining when we land
see you in 2 days
Graham and Elaine
Hmmmm hi hope you have a lovely flight.. but it has been raining all night and is supposed to be on for the weekend but don't let that dissappoint you it's not miserable here when it rains and certainly not cold hee hee although it is still only about 18 here in NP today which will be like walking into summer for you!!!
We live just up the road from your hotel feel free to give us a ring and pop up for a cuppa 06 7598075..
Andrea x
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Jill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enoughJill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enough

Hi ya

We have a new listing for quinovic, for all properties that are available to rent. If you want me to email it to you then let me know. my email addy is [email protected].

Look forward to meeting you

Jill and Rob
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chubnut
Thanks everybody,
Its been a heart wrenching last 2 days saying our goodbyes. But we have to stay focused and remember that there is nothing left in this country now but family and friends. We will probably need help looking at properties as we only have mon and tues before i start work.
So later today we have blast off and hopefully we havent missed all the summer. Would be a bummer to have 2 winters back to back. Anyway will be in the Braemar Sunday night if anyone would like to come for a drink.
Thanks for all the help and see you all real soon
hi hope you arrived safely... and the weather wasn't too disappointing for you!!!! i'll pop down in the morn and see if you need a hand with anything, but it won't be till 9.15 and not to sure if you have the internet but i'll see you then
Andrea x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.