Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture rental - New Plymouth

all i can say if you are like us you are going to love it, most beautiful place in the world. lots to see and do and lots of lovely people... if you want any links for rentals give me a shout

caz
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:07 pm
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caz,
could you please let us have any links you have, would prefer full or part furnished thanks
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chubnut
Hi Caz,
could you please let us have any links you have, would prefer full or part furnished thanks
hiya

heres an email address of my real estate girl, she is fab and i told her today about you, if you email her telling her what you looking for no. bedrooms / area etc she will look out for you ... even if you unsure of area let her know where you work if you want to be close by... to be honest all areas of new plymouth are lovely, we were in merrilands but its a good half hour walk to main town and coastal walks etc, fitzroy lovely and right at beach spots wood at other end next to another beach , plenty to choose from

we officially move into our new home on sun but we got keys today as they closed till monday and the owner just told us to move in, we got a brand new brick 3 bed house with HRV system etc its lovely though we are in inglewood now as on route to garys work

anyway heres her email just tell her i gave you it and she will know [email protected]

best of luck , im going offline for a couple of weeks as we have to wait on a phone line going into new house so hope all goes well and see you at other end

caz
Old Dec 31st 2008, 12:40 pm
Tauranga

Hi Caz,
Thanks for that, I think the worst part for us has been the limited time we have had. Now we have been told we wont get our passports for another two weeks. which leaves us 2 weeks to book flights, ship items, find a house, buy a car. All a bit too much for us. I might see if employer will put start date back a while. Sure this could have gone a bit smoother for us, so dont know exactly when we will arrive now, only that we WILL at some point.Thanks for your link.I will e mail when we have some dates to give her. I amm supposed to be stating at Fitzroy engineering on 26th Jan.
Thanks again

Graham
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

julieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nice
Smile Re: Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Its really great to hear so many people moving to New Plymouth and loving it. It really puts my mind to rest. We hopefully will be out soon but my medical is with the medical assessor just now.

Does anyone have any info on the primary schools in New Plymouth and if there are catchment areas you have to live in.

Hope to meet some of you soon when we eventually get out there.

Julie
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Jill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enoughJill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enough

Hi Julie and Graham

We know the feeling about waiting for the visa's, we too are waiting for the medical assessor to view our medicals for the second time, having had to have lots of tests repeated.

We should hopefully hear within 2 weeks.............

We are also hitting New Plymouth, our cat is still in the cattery (since November) and our stuff is being stored on quayside at the docks, house has been let out and we are staying with relatives.

So we are hoping for some good news and soon

We will have to have a meet up with all the New Plymouth Newbies,

Jill and Rob Stanton
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hi everyone

sory for leaving all of thos to caz but she is a bit of a star. debs and i have been staying with friends so havent been online. if any one has any questions feel free to ask, we have been in new plymouth for a little over 4 weeks now and it is a beautiful place to live. debs and caz have explored quite a bit and we move into our rental on the 10th of jan in brooklands which is close to the park and tsb bowl. christopher is going to start highlands intermediate school and yes the schools are zoned but as far as we are aware they are all pretty good. havent heard anything bad about any of them. give us a shout if we can help in any way, be it picking you up at the airport or anything.

jim and debs
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

julieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nice

Hi All,

Thanks lots and lots for the replies.!!!!!!! It is good to make contact as we know absolutely no-one in NZ. Must be mad!!!

Jill and Rob, good luck with the MA response. I am just about to submit a doctors report so hopefully that will conclude the medical assessment.
Keep in touch on your progress. Have you thought about which area in NP you want to stay in?? We can't make our mind up between in NP or one of the towns/villages outside it.

Julie
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Jill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enoughJill and Rob Stanton will become famous soon enough

Hi Julie and Graham

We are hoping to find somewhere in Bell Block as they are building new houses with better heating and double glazing in them. Failing that we would be looking round Merrilands, Highlands, Brooklands or Fitzroy area.....keeping our options open lol.

Rob has a job with Vector, and was due to start on 8th December, which we have had to push back due to the medical situation. Hopefully they will now take into account our GPs letter, and further test results.

We hope to hear back sometime next week, so fingers and toes crossed.

All the best

Jill and Rob
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

hiya

here are a few more links

http://www.nakirealestate.co.nz/ if you give annette an email she is really good... its on the contact list.

also try www.harcourts.co.nz though they never have any decent pics of houses

also jim and debs used another place but i cant think of the name im sure jim will put it up for you.

we were in same boat as you we booked our flights in advance as the prices were going up and we only got passports through on the wed and flew out the sun , we hadnt sold our cars or anything but friends did that after we left also our house still empty , but hey im in nz and the house will get let, they always do.

anyway any more help needed give me a yell

oh and jim hurray and get debs home so i have a mate lol and get over to see our cool new house

caz
Old Jan 5th 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

caz

debs said get the kettle on, we wil be calling in on thursday on the way back from palmy. she also said to let you know you tempted her as there is a house for rent near you lol. hope all is well and we will see you soon

jim and debs xx
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:51 pm
Tauranga

Hi Everyone
Passports still not arrived, don't think we will be able to come for a few months as we were expecting to move out early December.
Moving this weekend, just hope they put the job back for me. If they don't will that affect our visa ? as i will have to find alternative employment.
What advice does anyone have regarding not taking given employment.
HELP lol
cheers Graham and Elaine
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Graham and Elaine,
when we were at the London expo we asked the NZ immigration team that very question as we were worried about the time it would take to sell our house.They said that the best thing was to give them a call and that usually there is no problem as long as your points are still around 100. So best bets would be to speak to your case officer.

Hope this helps

Julie and Graham
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:59 pm
Tauranga

Hi
Blue stickers arrived on Thursday, asked agent if job could be delayed until the end of Feb. He has replied saying he doesnt think they will because of the ressession lots of people now available to work. If they dont let me start at the end of Feb can i still come over and try to find work? Will come to New Plymouth first. Don't know how the points system will come into play. Will that be calculated after i get there. Please help as we keep getting all these problems thrown at us. It wasnt realistic of them to leave me just 11 days to ship goods,book flights,buy car, find accommadation.
Any advice would be most welcome and can't wait to meet up with all of you just don't know when lol
cheers Graham and Elaine
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chubnut
Hi
Blue stickers arrived on Thursday, asked agent if job could be delayed until the end of Feb. He has replied saying he doesnt think they will because of the ressession lots of people now available to work. If they dont let me start at the end of Feb can i still come over and try to find work? Will come to New Plymouth first. Don't know how the points system will come into play. Will that be calculated after i get there. Please help as we keep getting all these problems thrown at us. It wasnt realistic of them to leave me just 11 days to ship goods,book flights,buy car, find accommadation.
Any advice would be most welcome and can't wait to meet up with all of you just don't know when lol
cheers Graham and Elaine
dont know the answer to the 1st question, but being me i would just go for it, we got our stickers on the wed and we flew out to NP on the Sun... we came here and left our van and car with friends to sell for us and also left our house in the hands of an agent to rent out, we have people moving in today yay .. lots of accomodation to be had here but i wouldnt look b4 you got here just get a weeks rental to start with in a hotel and look once your here... is it just you and OH or do you have kids , if just 2 of you hotels and stuff cheaper. what kind of work are you in? my OH is an electrician and his work place cant find them for love nor money so there is def work here

anyway hope any of this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.