Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Furniture rental - New Plymouth

hey sam

we arrive in new plymouth on the 8th of december. arrive in new zealand ,palmerston north, on the 4th staying with some friends then my new boss is driving us up on the 8th. how are things going and were are you stayiing in np, loads of questions and cant wait to meet up.

jim and debs
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:21 am
Just Joined

kiwisam is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys - good to hear from you......

We're living about 20k north of NP, past Waitara, in a very small place, right on the beach - it's stunning. We decided not to live in NP itself as we're not "townie" folk, and it's only about 20mins by car anyway, so no big deal to go there for work, or shopping.....

We've only been here since the 23rd Oct, so we're pretty new, but if there's anything at all we can help with, just give us a shout, and maybe we can catch up over a beer once you get here.

Safe journey and see you soon !
Sam
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

LoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant future

Hi Sam, we're coming out on 20th Jan, so definitely catch up! TTFN, Lou
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LoobyHighland
Hi Sam, we're coming out on 20th Jan, so definitely catch up! TTFN, Lou
Hi !

great, stay in touch and see you soon !
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

julieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nice

Originally Posted by LoobyHighland
Hiya all, we're off to NP too, leave LHR on 18th January '09. OH got a job with Transfield, blue stickers arrived a couple of weeks ago, and container is being packed next Thursday! Can't believe this is all happening. Me, OH, four kids and dog all going to be in NP 20th Jan! Having probs sourcing a rental at the moment that will accept pets, but am sure we'll get there in the end. Still very early for Jan entries. Visited NP in July this year, and loved it. (Apart from the cold/wet weather - but then it was winter!!) Tons on offer. I think the Winery Tour is including NP in their venues this year - so there's going to be loads of things to attend over the summer. We've also got tickets to see Simply Red on 13th Feb. According to 'stuff.nz', NP has just been voted one of the best places to live and more desirable than Auckland and Wellington. Watch out for rising house prices!! Would be great to meet up for a BBQ and beer when we're all over there. Open house! All the best to everyone - see you over there in 2009!
Hi
Just noticed your OH is going to work at Transfield. My OH has a job offer with them as well in NP. He is working as an E&I Engineer and we are hoping to be there 1st quarter next year. Good to see others going to NP as well.
Julie
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:11 pm
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kiwisam,
I am coming out mid January,just waiting for confirmation of visa, Will book flights then, got to start work 26th Jan. I would love to meet up when i get out there. Will have to find accommodation first , I will keep you updated
cheers Graham
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Furniture rental - New Plymouth

hello everyone

just saying hi as everyone seems to be going in the same area. in one week time we will be sat on the plane flapping like mad hahaha. lets keep this thread hi up on the board

jim and debs x
Old Nov 25th 2008, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Gonna be alot of us Brits here soon - can't wait to meet you guys !

my email is <snip> if anyone wants to get in touch once you're here and recovered !

You're gonna love it here......
c u all soon.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 9th 2008 at 9:15 pm. Reason: It's not wise to put up personal details on an open forum. Contact can be made via the PM system or sending an email via BE .
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

hi everyone

we are now in sunny new plymouth , hahahaha, what a laugh its been peeing it down. seems to be a great place but while im at wokr am looking for some one to try and help cheer up my wife and son. staying in the amber court motel at the mo and we are looking for rentals but if anyone is here and wants to meet up just drop us a line

jim and debs xx
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

LoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant futureLoobyHighland has a brilliant future

Hiya - we're out the end of January. Will be sure to get in touch! Lou xx
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
hi everyone

we are now in sunny new plymouth , hahahaha, what a laugh its been peeing it down. seems to be a great place but while im at wokr am looking for some one to try and help cheer up my wife and son. staying in the amber court motel at the mo and we are looking for rentals but if anyone is here and wants to meet up just drop us a line

jim and debs xx

hi him and debs

we arrived to the rain yesterday but thank god its sunny today. We just going in for a wonder around and to go to bank etc. tell debs i will def meet up with her i have been so upset since we arrived , im shocked i wanted to just turn round and go home lol anyway im hoping that will go and that everyone feels a bit of this..

gaz starts work next mon so i would love to meet debs next week , i will come on later and give my number

take care im away to toast lol (kidding got my factor 50 on)

caz
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

hiya,

we are staying at the amber court motel in the city centre so if you wanna pop in and say hi we r in number 44. i have started work already and debs is driving around getting lost looking for sumwere for us to live so a distraction would be good lol speak later

jim and debs
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Furniture rental - New Plymouth

Hi

We're out at Onaero, about 20 mins north of NP. been here 6wks, give us a call if you like - <snip> we'll give you a hand with stuff if you like - we both work during the day, but happy to meet up if you want to chat and say hello !

Sam & Vince

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 10th 2008 at 9:19 am. Reason: Please don't put up personal details on an open forum. You leave yourself wide open. Contact via PM or BE email. cheers
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

hiya

we will have to catch up with you soon. deb is going to look at a place in brooklands tomorow and we hope we will find somewere soon. hopefully getting over the kiwi shellshock lol

im us if you want or mail us

jim and debs
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:16 pm
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, Hope you all had a good xmas. We got confirmation about resident visa on Boxing day. So moving out this weekend to fly out in Jan. Everything now at the last minute as job starts on 26th Jan. So my partner Elaine is worrying herself to death. Starting to hit us now what an undertaking this is.Especially because we have never been out there before. Might even get cold feet myself as we are selling everything to start a new life. Can anyone alleviate our fears.
thanks Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.